Ferrari Life Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Cam Sync

Hi all,
Was looking at a pic of the cam sync setup on a Mondial T the other day.
Does anyone know if this would bolt up to a QV head?
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Back to Work

Hi All,
Well the summer vacations are over, projects for my wife done, so back to work on the Mondial.
Got the CIS stuff off the motor and had to see how the manifolds/ITB's fit.
Also got lucky, found some rims from a fellow lister off of an 87 Mondial, 16X8,7. Also Tire Rack was having a sale on summer tires so picked up a set of Continential D/W's in the stock size.

Next up is getting the motor ready to come out.

Regards
Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Cam sync will not be a problem as you have the distributor to work something up. Not sure about the 3.4 set up but I'll check soon as I get home.

Yes summer is over, I'm ready for some cool weather!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Great refresher read for me,328 feel more torqey,,348 feel like 308 should feel.ready to 348 intake cams BIN,do qv pulleys just bolt on? How about exhaust cams,? thanks Lifers

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
ready to 348 intake cams BIN,do qv pulleys just bolt on? How about exhaust cams,? thanks Lifers
I'm pretty sure the QV pulleys do not bolt to either 328 or 348 can, you'd need to adapt them.

348 cam are designed to spin the opposite direction of 308/328 cams. I think you can use them but you need to do intake and exhaust and 2/3 & 6/7 will flip in the firing order. after the swap.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm pretty sure the QV pulleys do not bolt to either 328 or 348 can, you'd need to adapt them.

348 cam are designed to spin the opposite direction of 308/328 cams. I think you can use them but you need to do intake and exhaust and 2/3 & 6/7 will flip in the firing order. after the swap.

All the QV, 328, and 348 cams have the same mounting face. So the pulleys will swap around.

Also, the 348 cams do not have provisions for distributor drives,

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
All the QV, 328, and 348 cams have the same mounting face. So the pulleys will swap around.,
i know for sure the QV and 328 cams have different noses on them, at least that was true for the sets I've handled The 328 pulley had a smaller thru hole so a spacer is required to put on a QV pulley on a 328 cam. I never compared the 348 so i don't know if it's like 328 or QV or neither.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Interesting. Years back I had purchased a set of alloy pulleys that were supposedly for a QV and learned that they did not fit my 2V cams.
But they did fit on my 348 cams. So they must have actually been for a 328.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks for PM Speedmade and,mk e ,,I can get all 4 348 cams,,not hot items,, ,the 2/3 6/7 switch no problem for cops.I can only follow instruction,if yall be so kind to provide.Boss,what about 348 cam sensor? Hello Jack.Anybody coming to COTA this week?
w

·
Registered
65 Posts
The whole 348 cam sensor unit will bolt right up to the QV head and valve cover.
Everything should work great if using the 348 cams.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Thanks for PM Speedmade and,mk e ,,I can get all 4 348 cams,,not hot items,, ,the 2/3 6/7 switch no problem for cops.I can only follow instruction,if yall be so kind to provide.Boss,what about 348 cam sensor? Hello Jack.Anybody coming to COTA this week?
w
Reg was it the le mans series race? Don't worry about the coil on plug, I'll help you. Which efi unit are you using again?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Jack,you read my mind,,do 348 cams take 308 cam drive sprockets? Is the cam sensor on the rear of the cam?
Would you give this cam swap so thought? The nose lengths look off.
Haltech e11v2,,mk e is converting my oem plenum to efi,,I will call soon and run this situation down for your advice,Thanks
Jack,its USGP week,you can park your motorhome here,,ride in w/me and get general admission for $10.
COTA is beyond huge,

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Reg I don't know about the cam swap but the cam sensor on the 348 is on the rear of the left bank. I would like to come down and visit someday and go to COTA.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts