Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the garage about half-an-hour ago putting some fuel into the Hummer H3 I am trying to offload on behalf of one of our businesses (worst car I have ever driven incidentally) and there was a 599 getting washed.

Looks pretty spectacular with the black wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I think that the 599 is one of the finest Ferraris built. It is beautiful, very fast and with a V12 the way Enzo liked it. And the bonus is that you can get them with 6 on the floor and clutch pedal. F40 performance with the elegance of a modern interpretation of the Daytona and 275GTB. In this hallowed company I think the 550/575 fits right in. Which makes the 550/575 a relative bargain.

But fancy depriving yourself the joy of washing the beautiful body of the 599 by taking it to the local carwash!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
That is definitely a beautiful car, I agree with Dmitri. I wouldn't mind owning one either:D

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have yet to see a 599 around my parts.

I personally think they're fantastic looking!!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
And the bonus is that you can get them with 6 on the floor and clutch pedal.
How long will that last, I wonder? There's not a lot of manuals sold anymore. Will manuals be a thing of the past?

599's are great, BTW. The previous owner of my 550 is selling his (he's too big to fit in it an prefers his 612 - yes, really!). It's Grigio Titanium with beige hide - just spectacular. I can put a word in for you, Chris! :)

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
How long will that last, I wonder? There's not a lot of manuals sold anymore. Will manuals be a thing of the past?

599's are great, BTW. The previous owner of my 550 is selling his (he's too big to fit in it an prefers his 612 - yes, really!). It's Grigio Titanium with beige hide - just spectacular. I can put a word in for you, Chris! :)

Onno
In terms of Ferraris & Maseratis, I believe yes. I doubt the traditional 6 speed gated shifter will even be offered as an option on the next generation of cars from Maranello.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I think so too, Boxer. Sad really. Another example of the modern world's mantra: quick satisfaction followed by a hunger for more. Or am I getting too philosophical here?

Onno
Not at all. The clanking through the metal gate is a key part of the Ferrari experience in my book. The F40 would not be the same with a F1 gearbox.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I hope that in about 15 years when I can afford a Ferrari that there will be plenty of models (80s-current) that are still around with a proper metal gate shifter...

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts