Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a little off topic, but i was wondering which car magazines you guys are in to. personally i swear by the british magazine Top Gear - i think the brit mags do a better job of getting at the kind of characteristics i like in a car. they recently named the 355 as the best car they've ever reviewed - curiously choosing it over the 360. waddaya think?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I read different mags, depends on what is in the issue
a couple that i buy

Forza (english)
Ferrari World (german)
Ferrari (french)
I just to buy Le Mans & Sportscar racer (english) but they don't seem to import it any more??
a new magazine Le Mans Racing (french)
sometimes some other english mags about cars in general
and my dad's mags in dutch like de onschatbare klassieker, autowereld, ...

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I've heard a lot about R&T but i don't think that they import it.
Didn't they pay for the first Need for Speed game??

That Prancing Horse mag??
I've never heard of it, is there a site on it , or something to check it out

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm not sure, Dirk. I'll check to see if they have provisions for international membership and will post that information tomorrow.

Barry

·
Registered
286 Posts
355 vs 360

James I can tell you there are many different pluses and minuses for both cars. Personally I like the style of the 355 over the 360. Mechanically there are differences which are too many to go into here. But if I had to make a choice on which car I WOULD RATHER HAVE IT WOULD BE THE 355.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I share Magoo's opinion. I like the styling of the 355 Berlinetta. It just reminds me more of the 308 which is a classic and timeless design.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup thats why they picked it actually - said that they could never quite fall in love with the 360 styling the way they did with the 355. the 360 was still in the top 15 i believe (it was a 100 best kinda article). i too would rather have a 355, it was the car that first got me big into ferraris when i saw one in 1995 (i was twelve at the time). it was just such a FERRARI - low, red, with the testarossa-ish wedge shape, oval grill and the grated engine cover. i think its the same way for a lot of people my age - kinda like a 308 for our generation.

·
Registered
457 Posts
That's why I bought my GTB. I saw it for the first time when I was a student. They couldn't drag me out of the showroom. I always wanted a 308. Took a while, but I got one now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Magazines I get:
Automobile (not my favorite anymore - too fluffy, but I've subscribed since the beginning)
Car and Driver
Road and Track
Sport Car International (nice glossy pictures, nice articles)
Sport Car Market (great magazine for auction results and commentary)
Forza!
Cavallino (great magazine for vintage Ferrari buffs!)
Ferrari Market Letter (bi-weekly Ferrari for sale ads - some good articles)

I also like the British classic car magazines, but they mostly cover cars I"m no longer interested in. I only pick them up when they feature something interesting.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I bought EVO last week, since there is a Ferrari special in it

I would love to get Cavallino, but its not imported over here

1 - 20 of 26 Posts