Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, another silly question....

The weather in NC has been gorgeous as of late. Sunny, clear and mildly warm (70 F). I have been driving my little red car for the past three days. Should I let her sit or is this a good thing? I read, " Drive the Ferrari, Drive the Ferrari, Drive the Ferrari" but can you go overboard?

How often do some of you drive your cars? Thanks a bunch.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
49 Posts
I drive my 360 Spider all the days, except when it's really very bad outside as I do not like to wash my car. The new Ferraris can be used for daily driving.

Didier.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dane said:
OK, another silly question....
...Should I let her sit or is this a good thing? I read, " Drive the Ferrari, Drive the Ferrari, Drive the Ferrari" but can you go overboard?...
I say drive your car as much as you can. Enjoy the good fortune of owning a Ferrari..a rolling piece of art and satisfaction. I plan on owning an F355 within the next 4 years and will drive it as much as weather and spare time allow. I do that with my NSX and all my other cars...they are meant for the road.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't think there is a problem driving a Ferrari as much as you like, you'll certainly get a lot of pleasure from it and a car that is regularly driven will be in better overall condition than one that is left to sit in a garage.

However, on the negative side, you will obviously find that services come around quicker including the expensive cambelt service and a 100,000 mile Ferrari is obviously worth much less than a 10,000 mile one and will also be quite difficult to sell.

Maybe the most cost effective way to enjoy Ferrais would be to buy a low mileage example, put 10k miles on the clock in a year then sell it and buy another low mileage car? This way you would also be able to enjoy lots of different models instead of just the one.

Justyn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts