Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I know from the research I did before buying a 328 that cam seals were prone to leak. Now, as some of you know, i just had them replaced when they did the Major 3 weeks ago. So, my question is this: Should they be leaking already? Are they this prone to leaks? The shop that did them told me it was probably a matter of tightening the bolts back down but would it be vibration from the engine that causes them to loosen? Please let me know of any advice/experience you may have with this.

Thanks!

Marc

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
mleizza said:
Hey Guys,
I know from the research I did before buying a 328 that cam seals were prone to leak. Now, as some of you know, i just had them replaced when they did the Major 3 weeks ago. So, my question is this: Should they be leaking already? Are they this prone to leaks? The shop that did them told me it was probably a matter of tightening the bolts back down but would it be vibration from the engine that causes them to loosen? Please let me know of any advice/experience you may have with this.

Thanks!

Marc

Knowing and applying a few of the Ferrari assembly methods (as per service bulletins) as well as very meticulous preperation and assembly prevents what you are going through.

Somebody was either not aware of those or sloppy or a combination of both.

BTW It is not actually the seals that are at fault but the large O rings that seal the cam seal housing to the head in concert with the cover gaskets at those corners.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts