Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm not sure how new this is but it certainly passed me by: complete photographic coverage of the new California, including interior.

http://www.autoweek.nl/forum/read.php?4,3529533,page=3

The folding back seat is certainly making me uncomfortable! What, we're visiting Home Depot in our Ferrari now?!?! :eek:

The interior is certainly nice, and I like most of the exterior. The rear is a bit tacky, I think. All in all a nice car but not really connecting with me yet. I think the Maserati Granturismo Spyder might be a better and cheaper option for a car like this.

What I am curious about is that gearbox, though.

Opinions?

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Great pictures Onno, but I couldn't understand a word written on the forum. Maybe you can give us all Dutch lessons;)
The real photo's look a lot better than the artist impressions we saw a few months ago. It is starting to grow on me, from some angles it looks OK, but it still doesn't have the Ferrari wow factor of the 60's/70's and 80's cars. It does look quite muscular, but it could be any old muscle car if you took the badge off it. There isn't anything about it that say's "I am a Ferrari". For the price of a new California, you could buy a 355 or 550 and a Boxer and still have change. That's what I'd do.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Thanks Onno for the link. The California is absolutely stunning. I love the front, sides, and interior. The back is the only thing that bothers me. I do not like the single lights. If it had the dual lights it would be much better. The fold down rear seats are actually to my liking, as long as they keep cars such as the F430 which are the pure driving cars. I think the California will do well, but that is just my opinion.:D

Chris

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I think the California will do well, but that is just my opinion.:D

Chris
I'm sure it will do very well, there is a whole new market emerging for Ferrari in Russia, China & India. The new monied business people in the rising economies don't have much experience of the classic Ferrari's like us in the developed world, and I doubt they want the older models with no electronic aids or sat nav, they want the latest newest models. Maybe for these people a brand new Ferrari is bought as more of a status symbol than for it's driver appeal. I can't really blame these people either, as they have had it tough for many years and now they've got some cash they want to enjoy it.
I still wouldn't buy one myself though.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
The interior is certainly nice, and I like most of the exterior. The rear is a bit tacky, I think. All in all a nice car but not really connecting with me yet. I think the Maserati Granturismo Spyder might be a better and cheaper option for a car like this.

What I am curious about is that gearbox, though.

Opinions?

Onno
It's a proper beautifull car IMHO, but agree on the rear. What happend to the classic 4 round backlights? All great F cars had it. The 'lexus' exhausts seems a bit overdone too me. Maybe it's to camouflage the bit massive rear

I just read the gearbox was more set up to match a full automatic but obvouisly needed a manual function as well for the real F magic. This differs from the more racy approach for the F430, 599, Scuderia where the automatic function is not a major concern.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great pictures Onno, but I couldn't understand a word written on the forum. Maybe you can give us all Dutch lessons;)
The only Dutch lesson you would need is on how to roll a doobie and somehow I have feeling you can teach me a thing or two about that... :D

For the price of a new California, you could buy a 355 or 550 and a Boxer and still have change. That's what I'd do.
Any guesses why I'm not selling my 550???? :D

If I were to summarise my feelings about the car, I would say that I'd be very enthusiastic if the car had been wearing a Trident badge. It's a perfect Maserati. But it's not quite a Ferrari. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see the car in the flesh, that always changes my opinion in some way - sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The folding back seat is certainly making me uncomfortable! What, we're visiting Home Depot in our Ferrari now?!?! :eek:
They didn't show the action pictures. The seats fold down and a vacuum sucks your children into the trunk anytime the car detects a beautiful woman in the vicinity.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
If I were to summarise my feelings about the car, I would say that I'd be very enthusiastic if the car had been wearing a Trident badge. It's a perfect Maserati. But it's not quite a Ferrari. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see the car in the flesh, that always changes my opinion in some way - sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad.

Onno

Onno, you've said it all. If it was a Maserati, I'd be very happy about it, but a Ferrari? Too much for it, I think.

Let's wait to see it on the metal!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
They didn't show the action pictures. The seats fold down and a vacuum sucks your children into the trunk anytime the car detects a beautiful woman in the vicinity.
OOOH I heard of this before problem is when you pick up the women for an extended period of time you run a chance of suffocating the kids...:D

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I wonder if that is an option....hmmmm:D

Chris

·
Registered
332 Posts
...If I were to summarise my feelings about the car, I would say that I'd be very enthusiastic if the car had been wearing a Trident badge. It's a perfect Maserati. But it's not quite a Ferrari...
Well of course we know that it was really going to be a Maserati originally and then they decided to stick a Ferrari badge on it and, presumably, made a few styling changes to try to hide that a bit.

I am told it does look better when you see it in the metal rather than in pictures. But then I don't understand why Pininfarina can no longer design drop dead gorgeous Ferraris like they did in the past. I didn't have to see a 355 or BB or whatever in the metal to start drooling.

Ferrari say the California is intended to sell to primarily to new markets (women and Chinese apparently). Personally, I hope it is a relative failure so that they get back to what Ferrari are supposed to be about...which to me is absolutely not about a car that I can fit a few planks of wood in when I go to the DIY store.

Jonathan

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Ferrari say the California is intended to sell to primarily to new markets (women and Chinese apparently). Personally, I hope it is a relative failure so that they get back to what Ferrari are supposed to be about...which to me is absolutely not about a car that I can fit a few planks of wood in when I go to the DIY store.

Jonathan
I was sitting around with a bunch of hard core Ferrari owners when it was launched back in May. Complete concensus - girls car. No one was ready to trade their 430 Scud in for one.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I was sitting around with a bunch of hard core Ferrari owners when it was launched back in May. Complete concensus - girls car. No one was ready to trade their 430 Scud in for one.
There are only 3 cars I would think about trading a 430 Scud for...an F40, F50, and and Enzo. hehe

Chris

·
Registered
532 Posts
It is a great video, great soundtrack too, but the images are all computer generated. Why couldn't they just get a real car, drive it on real roads and film it properly. CGI doesn't do any car justice.
yea i dont know y they did that, maybe they didnt want the public to see it until there ready, i cant wait till they unveil it at the next auto show:)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
yea i dont know y they did that, maybe they didnt want the public to see it until there ready, i cant wait till they unveil it at the next auto show:)
I can't wait until the Detroit autoshow in January (I think).

Chris

1 - 20 of 39 Posts