Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member and first time Ferrari owner here. Enjoying reading the threads, lots of great info!

I'm looking into upgrading the stock exhaust on my 2012. Research has narrowed down my choices to Tubi, Capristo and FabSpeed. Not crazy about the Tubi sound, Capristo is very expensive and unsure about Fabspeed.

Looking for experiences and input about pro/cons of these manufacturers. Specifically, I've added aftermarket exhausts to other sports cars and ended up with signficant resonance at city driving speeds which can drive you nuts.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,888 Posts
Steve- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Nice California. Tubi is made in Italy, Capristo is made in Germany, and Fabspeed is made in Taiwan, so price is kind of according to quality in a lot of cases. Nicest sounding to me is Kreissieg from Japan, but they are more than Capristo. For a $200K car, even $6-8K is not a big percentage of the investment.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The Tubi & Capristo systems, for example, have tall prices for reason. They are trusted pieces of equipment. Personally, I refuse to install some of the popular low end equipment as the fit varies and it's not worth the hassle to me. Keep in mind that the factory systems flow pretty good, so aside from high flow catalysts, a cat-back system will not gain you additional power in most cases. You will be buying style and sound over all else.

·
Registered
151 Posts
+1 for Capristo

I would go for Capristo. Personally speaking, i don't like the sound of Tubis' at all but that's just a matter of each individuals taste. As far as i'm concerned i think Capristo is the best option, and i would go for the straight pipe ( not the X-pipe ) and ask if it is possible to get it without the valves so it is always in loud,but that's maybe just me because for the youth,the louder the better. Wish you luck with your search, enjoy your Cali in good health and take care.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Steve- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Nice California. Tubi is made in Italy, Capristo is made in Germany, and Fabspeed is made in Taiwan, so price is kind of according to quality in a lot of cases. Nicest sounding to me is Kreissieg from Japan, but they are more than Capristo. For a $200K car, even $6-8K is not a big percentage of the investment.
Got the Kreissieg's for my new coming F12. Finally they developed the exhausts for it. It should take a few more weeks!
Hear some on videos on youtube of some Ferraris and they truly sound amazing!!! It is true F1 sound!
Tazandjan , i have to admit they sound the best!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Got the Kreissieg's for my new coming F12. Finally they developed the exhausts for it. It should take a few more weeks!
Hear some on videos on youtube of some Ferraris and they truly sound amazing!!! It is true F1 sound!
Tazandjan , i have to admit they sound the best!:thumbsup:
I think that Kreissieg exhaust just make noise,they don't have that little something that makes the noise special and nice.What made you choose Kreissieg over the other brands ( Capristo,Fabspeed,Tubi ) ?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have Tubi in my F40 , F50 and Enzo. They are very nice. I have heard Capristos and Novitec Rosso and they sound nice also! But Kreissieg have that Formula one sound i love!
I guess is just a matter of taste! For some of us what you call noise is music!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all who have replied!

I agree with ECSofVirginia on the quality point, thus am limiting my choices to Tubi, Capristo, Novitech and Kreissieg.

Of those four exhausts, Tubi comes in last for my personal sound taste. I agree that Kreissieg has a unique sound, however, Capristo with the straight pipes appears to give the best performance boost (albeit a small percentage of overall) and a great sound as well.

If I go this route, I'll choose the remote controlled valves to silence the car while in the gated neighborhood (hey, I have to socialize and get along with these neighbors!), then turn the exhaust loose down the road a bit.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Thanks to all who have replied!

I agree with ECSofVirginia on the quality point, thus am limiting my choices to Tubi, Capristo, Novitech and Kreissieg.

Of those four exhausts, Tubi comes in last for my personal sound taste. I agree that Kreissieg has a unique sound, however, Capristo with the straight pipes appears to give the best performance boost (albeit a small percentage of overall) and a great sound as well.

If I go this route, I'll choose the remote controlled valves to silence the car while in the gated neighborhood (hey, I have to socialize and get along with these neighbors!), then turn the exhaust loose down the road a bit.
Steve , remember that with Kreissieg you can have controlled valves if you wanted. And i would get them for sure! In regards to Capristo i also think they sound nice!
Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Manassseh, Fi Exhausts looks like a potential option. At this time, I've decided (for budgetary reasons) to go with the Capristo remote control kit to manual control the valves on my OEM Ferrari exhaust....which will keep me happy for the time being.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Welcome Steve and nice Cali.

Twestby - It's good to see the steering wheel on the right hand side. ? Country.

Thanks for posting the F1 clip Manasseh. I don't know if I should check my hearing because that pitch was so high that it seemed to lose volume. Could the pitch be raised to a point that it would drive dogs crazy, yet humans can hardly hear it? I must prefer the lower pitches.

David.

·
Registered
4 Posts
+1 for Capristo

I would go for Capristo. Personally speaking, i don't like the sound of Tubis' at all but that's just a matter of each individuals taste. As far as i'm concerned i think Capristo is the best option, and i would go for the straight pipe ( not the X-pipe ) and ask if it is possible to get it without the valves so it is always in loud,but that's maybe just me because for the youth,the louder the better. Wish you luck with your search, enjoy your Cali in good health and take care.
you can just plug the vaccum lines with a golf tee (And put a zip tie around it) - when the stock exhaust or after market is left unplugged from the vaccum, the exhaust is in "loud/open" by default

1 - 15 of 15 Posts