Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't consider myself a wealthy man necessarily, sure I'm doing better than most as a dentist, but buying a Ferrari for me is like looking for a wife!

You want to get it right the first time as hopefully divorce is not an option... whatever Ferrari I buy will probably be the only exotic I ever purchase in my lifetime.

I had my heart set on the cute redhead down the street... the 92 512TR, but my wife says she doesn't really care for the "boxy" 80's style and she saw a 2005 F430 six speed for $130K the other night on ebay... she'd rather have me save my pennies for year and put $40K down on the a newer car...

Thanks for the advice I've asked on the 512TR, but looks like I'll be saving for an F430 now...

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
agree the 430 is better. Don't buy it on ebay, contact the buyer selling on ebay if legit and negotiate a real sale if that's the one.

afterall you don't go to a bid-bar for your future wife....you would like to meet her at a nice event.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
F430 is a fantastic Ferrari, nothing wrong with that. If you want a driving experience more like the Testarossa (although with a lot more comfort), you might want to take a look at a 550/575 too. A lot cheaper than a F430 at the moment, 12 cylinders and enormous torque, and generally more woman friendly. See this thread for some comparisons by cdkhopkar. http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114089#post114089

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Buying Ferrari is like looking for a wife --- It's true IMO. Or maybe like welcoming a new member in your family.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
I keep trying but

I can't seem to get my car to propagate no matter how much I try

Attachments

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Not quite like shopping for a wife;

a) It will allow a test drive w/o a commitment
b) It will not expect you to call again
c) No particular degree of sensitivity required),no need to buy a new dress, shoes, and bag every week
d) you can shut it off w/o noise!!!

Car is a much better deal long term.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Speak for yourself. And get one with low mileage and few if any previous owners. What ever you do, don't let anybody else drive it.
And if someone else does happen to drive it, for God's sake, make sure they wash it before you get it back

·
Registered
1 Posts
Davids

Hello everybody,

I don't consider myself a wealthy man necessarily, sure I'm doing better than most as a dentist, but buying a Ferrari for me is like looking for a wife!

You want to get it right the first time as hopefully divorce is not an option... whatever Ferrari I buy will probably be the only exotic I ever purchase in my lifetime.
...........................................................................................
You are looking funny but also crazy for ferrari.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My wife really likes the 550 .. It's a very classy car to go out to dinner in.. Touring is a joy, and you get lots of attention but not too much attention ( unlike my stradale)

If you want a car the wife will enjoy as much as you, for an unbeatable price! Then the 550 may be the way to go!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts