Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Well, good friends,

I have had quite a week!

I test drove 4 Ferraris, among which were all variety of Boxers, and a couple of TVR's and ended up buying a gorgeous RHD 365 GT4/BB at Fosker's last Thursday. It's this car: http://www.foskers.com/car_sales/pag...les/car_14.htm

It was a very thrilling day last Monday to drive all variety of Boxers, and 3 such perfect examples at that! But the 365 howl was what swayed me - the other Boxers were a little too much like my 550: refined and great tourers. The 365 is much rawer and the contrast with my 550 is what makes it a great addition to the stable.

I've asked William if it would make a nice article for FerrariLife so you'll have to wait a bit longer for a write-up on "Boxing Day". But in the meantime, here are some pics of #17977, my new steed. I'll be picking her up in the middle of next month and will drive her to Belgium for a Ferrari meeting. Then it's onwards to the Eifel - it promises to be a special September!!!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wow! what a great way to end your endovour for the addition to your stable.

Congratulations! Well done and she looks absolutely stunning! A pitty the search is over but what a joy is must be to drive this beast!
Let us know your adventures..

·
Registered
374 Posts
Awsome. Congratulations JazzyO. Enjoy the beast in good health. :cool:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks guys!

The search is never over! Next addition already forming in my head. :)

Onno
Oh yes, you've got some bad F fever! Hopes it never cures!

And yes, very good idea for a get together. I'm in for sure and can't wait to see & hear 'the beast' in real life.. what a car!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
My sincere congratulations to your buy !!:D

Funny enough, this last week I drove 2 Boxers as well, a 512 BB carburated and a 365 BB (18057) and I was totally swept away by the 365 BB impression...as you said: raw, fast, loud...exceptional.
Questions:

1. The exhaust seems to be from the 512 BB, do you got a original one with it ?
2. Did you got the 3 365 BB books with it ?
3. How did your 365 BB reved in the lower rpm's up to 4'000 compared to the 512 BB ?

Have great fun with it and congratulations again !

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well, good friends,

I have had quite a week!

I test drove 4 Ferraris, among which were all variety of Boxers, and a couple of TVR's and ended up buying a gorgeous RHD 365 GT4/BB at Fosker's last Thursday. It's this car: http://www.foskers.com/car_sales/page_1_sales/car_14.htm

It was a very thrilling day last Monday to drive all variety of Boxers, and 3 such perfect examples at that! But the 365 howl was what swayed me - the other Boxers were a little too much like my 550: refined and great tourers. The 365 is much rawer and the contrast with my 550 is what makes it a great addition to the stable.

I've asked William if it would make a nice article for FerrariLife so you'll have to wait a bit longer for a write-up on "Boxing Day". But in the meantime, here are some pics of #17977, my new steed. I'll be picking her up in the middle of next month and will drive her to Belgium for a Ferrari meeting. Then it's onwards to the Eifel - it promises to be a special September!!!

Onno
Congrats on your new Boxer. I purchased a 1984 512BBi last year that turned out to be a mechanical nightmare. It is at Motorcars of Distinction (www.modexotics.com) having a complete engine out major service as well as new headers and capristo 3 exhaust. I don`t even want to know the price of the work. I know it will be tons. Hopefully, I will like the car.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hey Onno

Congrats on a beautiful find. I hope she's all you expect and more. RE: the Dash, my opinion, hmmm, thats gonna need something differant. Looks a little pimpy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well Done Jazzy! You Have Yourself A Very Pretty Car, I Think Its A Great Addition To Your Newer Car, What A Choice On The Weekend ! Nice To Hear Your Going To Be Driving It As Intended, They Have A Lovely Sound And Am Very Envious Of Hearing It Worked Hard Through Mountain Roads......

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Onno, that's GREAT news, congratulations!!!

I didn't think you were going to buy your Boxer so quick, but if you did it I'm sure you had strong reasons (and looking at the pictures you posted it is very easy to find thousands of reasons to take that beast home)

once again, congratulations, can't wait for your F40 to come! hehehehe

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Onno, congratulations. She looks absolutely stunning, you must be a very happy man, and I bet you can't wait to take delivery and get behind the wheel. I eagerly await your report.
You are obviously a man who knows how to enjoy his Ferrari's, so just drive:)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Questions:

1. The exhaust seems to be from the 512 BB, do you got a original one with it ?
2. Did you got the 3 365 BB books with it ?
3. How did your 365 BB reved in the lower rpm's up to 4'000 compared to the 512 BB ?
1. No, the original is long gone. I could have a replica made, but since it sounds less impressive, I'm not likely to do so.
2. Not sure, will need to find out.
3. I found the two engines very similar across the range, except that the 365 screams more because of the higher top-end and that the 512 has a bit more torque.

@all - thanks for the compliments!
@Saint Bastage - hmm, yes, a little pimpy it does look. Still don't have a clue if it could be original, it certainly fits the '70ies!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on your new Boxer. I purchased a 1984 512BBi last year that turned out to be a mechanical nightmare. It is at Motorcars of Distinction (www.modexotics.com) having a complete engine out major service as well as new headers and capristo 3 exhaust. I don`t even want to know the price of the work. I know it will be tons. Hopefully, I will like the car.
Oh wow, well best of luck with that. I'm sure you'll be happy with the car once it's sorted out.

Onno

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
1. No, the original is long gone. I could have a replica made, but since it sounds less impressive, I'm not likely to do so.
2. Not sure, will need to find out.
3. I found the two engines very similar across the range, except that the 365 screams more because of the higher top-end and that the 512 has a bit more torque.

@all - thanks for the compliments!
@Saint Bastage - hmm, yes, a little pimpy it does look. Still don't have a clue if it could be original, it certainly fits the '70ies!

Onno
Make sure your "beast" finds the way down here to the Swiss alps..it would be great to meet!:)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Congratulations Onno, I am delighted for you. The alcantara dash is correct with later Boxers switching to a leather covering. Keep the alcantara it is so period and correct for the car.

With a 550 in your garage, I reckon you made a great choice to add a 365 GT/4 BB to keep her company. What an awesome stable!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hey Onno

Great news - hope you have many pleasurable miles!!!

Interesting that both you and Vitalone have RHD cars in Holland...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations!

May you have a long and happy marriage! My black 365BB will be out of the paint shop next month and I can't wait! Hope to see you at some events soon.
By the way, I've got a spare ORIGINAL 365bb owner's manual - I'd rather it go to an owner & enthusiast - pm if you're interested

Doug

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I test drove 4 Ferraris, among which were all variety of Boxers, and a couple of TVR's and ended up buying a gorgeous RHD 365 GT4/BB
Whew. When I read the title for a minute I though Andrew had sold my screen name.

Congratulations.

On the exhaust, you should be able to get them to fabric a 3 tip conversion box off the two pipes.

I have a copy of the Owners Manual on pdf if you need it.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Some pics of the interior. Love the 8-track, but not so sure about the Alcantara dash - anyone know if any 365's had this originally?

Onno
Back in the late 70's my mother had a Mercedes 280 with an 8-Track, after she sold the car, the cartridges went into her attic. I'll ask her if she still has them. You can be really retro then with classics such as Johnny Cash's greatest hits, A sample of Charlie Pride, Slim Whitman any many other country and western classics:p :eek:

1 - 20 of 142 Posts