yeah, I saw those pictures yesterday

I think it happened a few days ago!!

just too sad :cry:

RIP the driver and passenger

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happened on Sunday outside Milan. The 41-year-old male driver was killed instantly. He was traveling in excess of 150mph.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
just too sad

I think this is the 2nd destroyed Enzo, right?

the other one is that one that burned

besides the other "small" crashes

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
magnum6464, as we usually say here in Brazil, "assino embaixo" (or "I sign below that", something like that, meaning that I agree with what you said)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Enzo250GTO said:
I am debating on deleting this topic out of respect for the driver who no doubt lost his life.
The admins on F-chat should of deleted their threads a long time ago, it's turned into a circus. They keep bad mouthing the driver and it took the members over 6 pages of posts to determine that the hood circled in one of on the pictures above was in fact that of the Enzo... Idiots.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
I am debating on deleting this topic out of respect for the driver who no doubt lost his life.
Personally, I don’t really care that an Enzo was destroyed, 328, TR , 250 GT or a 308. Its not the point of this discussion. And that’s all it is a discussion, about what……death. Did I give my moment of silence, yes. Did I tell my wife about someone dying a tragic death, yes, am I upset that it happened ? Yes, I don’t like to see or hear about people dying driving a Ferrari and being on a Forum where we love to talk about the cars.

Now should this topic be deleted, my opinion, NO ! why…..Because it a reality check that we are not Superman or God. Stuff like this is too important to be swept under the carpet and pretend it does not happen. Some of us are more fortunate than others to make lots of money and have the ability to buy these super cars. Some bigger and faster than others but they are still Ferrari’s. Being successful at what we do does not make us magical drivers because we can afford these cars. Professional race car drivers die and it’s a fact, and so can we…. And those pictures prove it. The way this driver died was very stupid, to me this was an unnecessary death......

Enzo Ferrari's dream was not to have people die driving his machines.

I have said it once and I will say it again………

Please be careful...yes they do go fast but remember who you might leave behind...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
I dont think anyone is being intentionally disrespectful to the deceased.

Its by far a very serious situation but if anything its important that we learn from this, so I dont think it should be deleted.

We're all here because we love the cars. If its one thing we love about these cars its the heritage thats put into it ... racing. The cars are meant to go fast, and they do it well, this is a lesson we all need to adress because its something we'll all inevitably face. Everything in moderation right!! Unless of course you're on a race track, even still intelligence is necessary.

Anyway, this is horrible, but we should all learn.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
FuelInjection09 said:
The admins on F-chat should of deleted their threads a long time ago, it's turned into a circus. They keep bad mouthing the driver and it took the members over 6 pages of posts to determine that the hood circled in one of on the pictures above was in fact that of the Enzo... Idiots.
That is very typical of that site, but not here. I will not tolerate it, period. I built this site for Ferrari owners and true car enthusiast, which we have. That other site does have some of the users we seek and eventually they will be on this site as we, the Ferrari Forum Team, are about quality information, integrity (at the highest level) and providing the best information for owners.

I am happy to see our users are respectful and responsible of such a tragic incident and let this be a lesson to us all. As long as this topic stays clean I will keep it up. Clearly this was a sad event and our [the Ferrari Forum Team & its members] prayers go out to the families of the lost ones in this accident.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
as we, the Ferrari Forum Team, are about quality information, integrity (at the highest level) and providing the best information for owners.
And yet I'm still tolerated. Groucho Marx once said, "I'd never join a club that would have somebody like me as a member." :green:

Horrible accident though. People might say how it is a tragedy that an Enzo was lost. Well, it is unfortunate but it's still just a car and cars can be replaced. You can always get another car, you can't get another son, brother, father, uncle, etc.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I don't think it should be deleted. If there were pictures of the driver himself, ok, no debate, delete them out of respect. But I think pics like this shouldn't be deleted since it will put sportscars back in perspective. No they will not make you invicible. yes speed can still kill. Things can go wrong very quickly, and it is important that people see this.
And about that whole Fchat discussion... It is stupid to badmouth the driver although he was way above the speedlimit.
What amuses me the most is that people who call themselves Ferrari-fans take 2 pages of posts to discover that a part they saw was not a 355 hood. wtf? Like an Enzo driver would strap a 355 hood on his car? :lol:

Well, please take a good look at these pics, and think about them next time you get in your car. Drive carefull!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Enzo250GTO said:
as we, the Ferrari Forum Team, are about quality information, integrity (at the highest level) and providing the best information for owners.
Groucho Marx once said, "I'd never join a club that would have somebody like me as a member." :green:
You know Groucho? Good man!

It saddens me that one lost his life. It can happen anywhere, at any MPH, any time. RIP

·
Registered
177 Posts
:eek: Good Grief ! My heart go's out to the loved ones to involved. Indeed 150+ mph is over any speed limit, except where there are none. Obviously. I'm sure we are all guilty of a little "excess" speed occationally. Pic's like these also make me wonder what happened to cause this? Mechanical failure? Dog run out in the street? The Enzo I would think would be quite stable at that speed. Still, a very sad day.

Kurt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts