Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The old magazines and newsletters etc. are the best to me.You can find so much tech info. After the move I am going to see about creating an database and maybe even allow some online users access.I suspect it will take a while to get it all in there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone has any ideals or experience with a database project like I am thinking of let me know.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think about how great it would be as I have info,articles,models,pics of every Ferrari every made. race and production.You enter in the model and access spits out a compilation of data and maye sends me to the location of a file on the model in question with all related data. Then it could be all downloaded by whoever is interested.Then Imagine being able to keyword search the entire database. Like I said I dont know how hard it would be. If it took a year or 2 to enter everything I wouldnt car.My son can help. It would be cool. Just say some one wants to know about Testarossa wheels. Punch them both in and get everything I have written about Tr whels. Then bring up pics and pics of models to show the different wheels. Cool. Makes you wonder why no one did this . I bet it comes down to time X money=whocares.

·
Registered
533 Posts
That really is a good idea. A person could just punch in a query and search for a particular car and or particular detail about a car. You're right, it would take a long time to enter the data... :eek:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Hello!
Have you seen the models section here? Its everything you are talking about. However, I do not have the amount of books Bruno has so there are quite a few info gaps but everything mentioned above is what I have envisoned about the models section. Last, Access would be the worst choice for an online database (no offense). You would want to use either Oracle or MySQL (www.mysql.com) which runs on UNIX (#1 webserver). If your ever interested Bruno let me know and I'll help you out with getting a good domain and host. I can also help out with the databasel.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
Dirk,
I think this collection beats yours :D
Yeah well, he's already at it for 30 years
i'm only busy for 11-12 years.
Well hopefully in january me and my dad will build some book cases and then i can get all my Ferrari books in there, that will be better then the way it's stockpilled now :wink:

BTW my collection of books and cars grows every month :green:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dont go nuts like me. I figured at depressed values mu collection will bring 100k plus. Consider how many cars that could be.a gt4,308gtb,308gts,modial,tr,400.Hum
I figure my kids can sell a coupleof models a week for years and not have to work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only one does.We go to Grand prix,s watch em on tv drive the cars,read the mags,look at the models etc.No one else cares. And at what point is it just a lot of clutter?? Just the size of the heated and air conditioned room you need to store this stuff and display it. Seems to be getting nuts.But knowing me I'll be adding more this Christmas.A lot more.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I got the racing bug from my dad and the ferrari bug from my mom.
It's always funny when i get a new Ferrari model, my dad has problems finding it, and my mom picks it straight out even when i don't tell here that i have a new model

1 - 20 of 26 Posts