Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears this should be a great race. I hope so.

GO my favorite team!

:green:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even thou I love my Ferrari, I think this season is so much more fun than the last few years. Who knows who will win?

GO either driver for my team.

May those Japenesse tire makers know how to make a good tire.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Actually, and I know this is sacrelige and Niels is going to be mad, but I hope Kimi does well.

I would like to see Michael, Kimi and Rubens on the podium. I am tired of BMW and thier 1-2 finishes!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does not racing give you a good feeling? It takes years before one really likes it.

8)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Pete
why do you think that only Niels will be mad :x

and why did you have to choose Kimi, sure def. not BMW
but somebody like Alonso would be a better choice

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
Pete
why do you think that only Niels will be mad :x

and why did you have to choose Kimi, sure def. not BMW
but somebody like Alonso would be a better choice
I don't know, I just kind of like him. I like Alonso too though. I would really like to see Rubens take a #1.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A Ferrari is on the pole but not Michael. I love a close race and this should be very close.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
wow what a weird but great race

i must say that i'm suprised to see rubens win, but he also drove his best race of the season.
this race saw so many passings that it must equal the total of all other races combined.

did anybody got to see what was written on that sign of that nut that was trying to commit suicide?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
Pete04222 said:
I would really like to see Rubens take a #1.
Not gonna happen
i'm already wondering who's gonna take his place next year

Hey Dirk,
I guess you can print this out so you can eat your words.
:green: :green: :green:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Actually, and I know this is sacrelige and Niels is going to be mad, but I hope Kimi does well.

I would like to see Michael, Kimi and Rubens on the podium. I am tired of BMW and thier 1-2 finishes!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Hey Dirk,
I guess you can print this out so you can eat your words.
:x
this proofs nothing, this was only one race.
i've said it before and i will say it again, i would love to see trulli or alonso in that seat.
and not massa he is still to young and too wild for the ferrari seat

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love a race which is not a bore. I also like it when my team wins.

:roll: :wink: :) :lol: :D :green: 8)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Go Barrichello. Just a great race, with lot's of excitement. Like the way Rubens overtake Kimi. Rubens is getting better and better in the 2003GA! He just needs some luck...or should I say...a little less badluck! I hope he can win more races this year!

Rubens is da man!!!!

Waldo

<< www.forzarossa.nl >>

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Steve

correction

passES

he passed him twice :green:

and also coulthard
i think david must have been pissed off, within 2 laps beeing passed first by rubens and then by kimi :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
DJ

You are absolutely correct. Rubens was in form. I am happy to see Bridgestone put some R&D into the past week of testing. Michelin was obviously doing a superior job. But it looked to me that Ruben's tires were better this time. He seemed to be able to run in places on the track that the Michelin runners couldn't.

Kimi is my favorite non-Scuderia driver. He is fearless and always quick in the race.

I have a question however:

Why the testing ban? Can the teams, such as McClaren, work on their new car?

steve

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Steve

the testing ban was issued last year on request by some team owners like Jordan, just so that he could give his staff some needed summervacation with their families.
Don't forget these guys work all the year, even during the winter on the new car.
So some teams where complaining that a couple of their (very skilled) workers quited because they wanted to be more with their wife and kids.
The teams still can work on the cars if they want to, but they can't take it out on the track

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks DJ

That makes sense.

The schedule these guys live with must be brutal.

There was a very interesting interview with an American NASCAR driver on Speedvision the other day. One of his sponsors, I can't remember which one, also has a foot in F-1. The driver was amazed at the knowledge of the crew members on the F-1 teams. He was stunned that almost every one of them had advanced engineering degrees. He felt even the lowest ranked technician was more qualified than 90% of the team managers in NASCAR. He was blown away by the ability of the crews to manage the technology and to adapt almost instantaneously to changing conditions.

He was also amazed at the ability of the drivers to drive at 10/10ths every lap. He said F-1 was like qualifying every single lap.

It was very good to see the respect F-1 generates in other forms of motorsport. The commentator stated that on NASCAR race days, most teams spent the early mornings watching the F-1 race before their own race prep begins. I thought that was pretty neat.

steve

1 - 20 of 27 Posts