Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this forum and I've already done a search but can't seem to find the relevant information. I've got a F430 arriving mid next year but I need to finalise all the options before the new year. I'm contemplating optioning the Carbon ceramic brakes, but I'm just curious as to how many miles would I expect out of the disc and/or pads.

This will be my first Ferrari, though I've owned other performance cars before but haven't ever had these brakes. Are they a regular change item? The reason I'm asking is because I know my driving style and I intend to rack up quite a few miles annually.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Cheers

·
Registered
293 Posts
M&J,

They are great IF you are tracking the car A LOT and plan to get that very last n'ith degree, plus do not mind spending $20,000+ to replace them at least annually, perhaps more often.

Frankly, as a hard core track guy myself and daily Fcar driver i would go with the standard brakes. Unless you are in a **true competition** and a very accomplished driver that could benefit from shaving perhaps a second off a lap i would avoid the HUGE $$$ of CF. Standard brakes are more than excellent and the cost to replace is reasonable. Add to that, you have good aftermarket options such as Girodisc if you want that nearly last n'th degree without the huge expense of CF.

PS: ask Ferrari if they will supply SLOTTED rotors and drilled play 'connect the dots,' a bad very thing that prematurely ruins a rotor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steven(enjoythemusic), at this point in time I doubt that I would be doing any trackdays in my car. Though I wouldn't rule out the chance later on.

Would you know how many miles I could expect out of a set of standard rotors and pads compared to the carbon ceramic rotors and pads? I was actually told by a ferrari tech that the ceramic rotors and pads last well over a 75000miles before replacement. This sounded far fetched so hence I'm asking here, for peoples experiences.

Cheers

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I have never heard of any car that has a 75k life on its brake pads and rotors. I think your answer has been answered by the above. If you are not planning on tracking the car then the standard brakes will be just fine. Steven is also correct about the price for replacement if you are not prepared to spend 20k for replacements then I would not get them.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
I have never heard of any car that has a 75k life on its brake pads and rotors.
Depends on driving style, my wife's car is mostly highway and the brakes lasted for over 100k miles. On my Jeep there was one time that I had to replace the pads after only 25 miles. Of course this was over terrain so rugged it took us 2 days to go 25 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts