Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Yes gentlemen, I have put both the F40 and 360 Challenge on the market. The 360 Challenge I will definitely be selling on as I have other plans going into next season. I have spent 3 seasons with 360 Challenge's and it is just now time to move onto something slightly different. Overall though, it is a phemonenal track car. Very fast, great handling, and terrific brakes.

The F40 not sure about parting with it yet but would like to see where the market really sits right now.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I like the way you're thinking. But my advice is, if you get a price that's halfway decent, jump at it. It's about to become a very, very, different market. My company is doing a strat plan at the moment - there's come some fascinating stuff out of it but the main message is: this crisis will affect everyone. And that's not a good sign for luxury goods.

So - either get out right now, or stay in for a long time (and perhaps pick up some great bargains along the way).

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes gentlemen, I have put both the F40 and 360 Challenge on the market. The 360 Challenge I will definitely be selling on as I have other plans going into next season. I have spent 3 seasons with 360 Challenge's and it is just now time to move onto something slightly different. Overall though, it is a phemonenal track car. Very fast, great handling, and terrific brakes.

The F40 not sure about parting with it yet but would like to see where the market really sits right now.

Ok maybe its wise but why would you. If you are in a financial low ok but otherwise why sell this true and pure ferrari's. Both are though to get back if you miss them. both are rare and real ferrari's with awesome sound.
But i am sure you know what you are doing and maybe its time for a change.
time will tell.

Best of luck with the cars offcoarse.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I was just curious as to why F40s in the US are going for a much higher price than in Europe. The lowest price I have seen for sale in the US in the past few months is one for $575,000 USD. I have seen them as high as $650,000 or around $517,000 Euros.

Chris

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I was just curious as to why F40s in the US are going for a much higher price than in Europe. The lowest price I have seen for sale in the US in the past few months is one for $575,000 USD. I have seen them as high as $650,000 or around $517,000 Euros.

Chris
Supply and demand. There are only a couple hundred F40s in the US while there are probably 3-4 times that in Europe.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Supply and demand. There are only a couple hundred F40s in the US while there are probably 3-4 times that in Europe.
Thanks, I kinda figured it was just supply and demand, as most F-cars. Out of curiosity, what is the going rate for an F50 in Europe at the moment? They seem to be fetching around $1,000,000 in the US, at least the past few that I have seen on the internet.

Chris

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Thanks, I kinda figured it was just supply and demand, as most F-cars. Out of curiosity, what is the going rate for an F50 in Europe at the moment? They seem to be fetching around $1,000,000 in the US, at least the past few that I have seen on the internet.

Chris
On the F50, very hard to say, so few change hands publically.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Is it possible for you to sell your F40 in the US and make some money out of it?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
But Jimmy, Carpe Diem, you must live life to the fullest;)

Chris

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I like the way you're thinking. But my advice is, if you get a price that's halfway decent, jump at it. It's about to become a very, very, different market. My company is doing a strat plan at the moment - there's come some fascinating stuff out of it but the main message is: this crisis will affect everyone. And that's not a good sign for luxury goods.

So - either get out right now, or stay in for a long time (and perhaps pick up some great bargains along the way).

Onno
I agree to the fullest, Onno, regarding the coming price behavior. Of course, as so many times before I called the bear market for Ferrari's way to early and I'm doing that probably and wrongly just now again.

F40 and F50 will always be rare and very desirable. But even those will be crunched price wise in a real bear markets. Here in Switzerland, prices for both have tanked already around 20-25% in the last 2 month. Offers are at hand, bids are nowhere. Great, no stories F40 sold for 500-530'000 CHF. Now they are around 360-400'000. F50's (2) have been around 740'000 this summer, now at 570-600'000.--

Today and tommorrow will be RM's auction with a steady new flow of offered 330, 365's and 275's. Still expecting a strong US$ 1.5-2.0 Mio for a crisp 275 GTB/4 ? At least myself not.

Positiv: I'm not unhappy to not have followed the "sirenes" song of buying a F40 or F50 during 2008.
Negativ: With a F40 or F50 someone may be better protected in the long haul against "deflation" or "inflation" than with my 430 Scuderia.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I would like to add to my previous comment that the "sirenes" song was just in respect to the ever inflatening prices (where everybody tells you that prices are just going one way...and that's up ! Doesn't that sound familiar to many of you also in other pricewise respects ?:eek:)

But seriously: It would be still my 100% fulfilling dream to own a F50 or (a on a little lesser degree) a F40. But in these times patience is everything:rolleyes:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I always believe if you can purschase something with money you can always buy it back is no big deal forget the sound or the performance, i'm sure if Boxer can purschase a F40 he sure knows what he is doing with his money!! for all you know he might tell us in a year of so he got him self a 250GTO right Boxer my man!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts