Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:drive: Just wanted to update everyone on the Boxer purchase from my mechanic in San Diego. Well, I have test driven the car twice on 2 seperate occasions and can say that it is an awesome car to drive. It does take a bit of muscle to manuver at low speeds which adds to it's masculine appeal. The car is actually not correctly tuned at this time, so it did stumble a bit on takeoffs and does not run as smoothly as it will once properly tuned after purchase. I still have to sell my Lambo Urraco, but finally the shocks are in and it will be ready for test drives soon. Someone will be getting a great, well sorted car. Incidentally, I also drove a beautiful, light blue 550 Maranello to compare. Boxer, I can see why you chose to buy one. It does EVERYTHING right and with such smoothness. It actually makes the choice harder. The Boxer certainly has the more involved driving experience and way better potential value increase. But, on the other hand, the 550 is so refined and easy to drive and can only look towards price depreciation in it's near future. If I don't change my mind and opt for a 550 and it's price depreciation, I'll buy the Boxer next weekend. Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement especially you, Jimmy and Boxer. Take care and I'll keep you all posted with pics on what ever I decide.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
A little early but neverthless, Congratulations

You are most welcome. Whichever you pick, you know the best for your use. Both are superlative GT cars in its true definition. Both would be wonderful cars for Southern California freeways. You'll be making many sherriff "friends" that you never knew. Keep us informed. When I am back in LA region, maybe you can show me your new Ferrari. Congratulations. w/smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again, guys. Jimmy, it certainly would be an honor to show you my new car if you are ever in the area.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
That's a promise

I do return to the LA Basin quite often. I was back in LA for three times every month this year. Whenever possible, I stay at my friend's house down in Long Beach. Would be splendid to arrange a get together. Jimmy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts