Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is David Borla from Borla Exhaust in Oxnard, CA. We are in the process of developing our exhaust application for the Ferrari F430 Spider and are looking for an F430 owner in the Southern California area who can help us with the development of this system. We will need a vehicle for about 8-10 business days for development to ensure the system meets our standards and then, most importantly we will need feedback from you on the merits of this system once the vehicle is returned.

We will give you a free Borla exhaust for your F430 in return for your assistance and possibly headers as well if we do in fact produce them. In addition, I can also offer you a great deal on other Borla products if we wind up using your vehicle.

We will take full responsibility for your F430 while it is in our facility and treat it with the utmost care and respect. After nearly 30 years of designing and manufacturing the world's premier aftermarket exhaust components we are quite confident that you will enjoy the experience of working with us. I hope you will take this opportunity to have some fun making your F430 sound, look and perform even better than it already does.

If you are interested or have any questions please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

David Borla
Borla Performance Industries
www.borla.com
[email protected]
805.246.6067 - direct

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Guys,
I can vouch for the quality of Borla products. I've had a Borla header/exhaust system on my Jeep for 12 years and the system still looks, sounds and performs the way it did when I installed it in 1995. (And you know how I treat my Jeep. :) ) I'm extremely happy with the Borla exhaust. This is not a spam post. This is the real deal. If you have an F430 and live near California, take David up on his offer.

David,
I am very pleased that your company is getting back into the Ferrari market. I think you can produce a system that is of the same quality, or better, as a Tubi system for way less money to the purchaser. Contact Andrew, (Enzo250GTO) the administrator of this site and see about becoming a sponsor and having your company featured on here on Ferrari Life. I hope that you will not concentrate on just the new car upgrade market but will produce systems also for the older cars that are coming to a point in their life where they need a new exhaust and will take the opportunity to upgrade. I'm thinking of the 308. My 308 to be specific.

In another thread you posted:
I would like to start a dialogue with you guys (the Ferrari community) in order to learn a little more about what you are looking for from an aftermarket exhaust from looks to sound to performance etc. Please let me know your thoughts on how Borla can satisfy your exhaust needs.
Here's what I , as a Ferrari owner, want in an exhaust:

1 - longevity/reliability. Having had a Borla header and exhaust on my Jeep for 12 years going over salt-covered roads and then chest-deep mud and not having any issues with the exhaust, I know Borla can provide this for me. When I need to replace a part I replace it with the best part I can get and do the installation correctly so I don't ever have to replace it again.

2 - Appearance. I want it to look good. The chrome exhaust tips should make a statement. The muffler is under a cover so that is not an issue but the part that shows should look better than stock. I like the chrome tip on my Jeep system. I think it would look good on the Ferrari. (of course there would be 4 tips instead of one. :) )

3 - Price. Tubi seems to be the Ferrari aftermarket exhaust Holy Grail but I think it is stupidly expensive for what it is. A hollow tube with some baffles.

4 - Sound. Man, the best part about driving a carb'ed 308 is the sound. I'd want an exhaust that gives the car a nice low rumble at idle but doesn't drown out the webers at high RPMs. I want the neighbors to know I've started my car if they are already up, but I don't want to wake them up if they are sleeping. I want the idling car to have a "presence" that promises more to come.

5 - Performance. It's a Ferrari, right? But you will notice I put this last. I'm not a racecar driver and I will not try to pretend I'm one. The antique Ferrari has more than adequate performance for my needs. When I upgrade a component, if it adds more power that is great, but that is not why I am changing it. I'm changing it because the old one was broken. When the points in my car failed I replaced it with a Crane Cams electronic ignition. Not because it gave me more power, but because I could install it for the same money as replacing the points and it is a more reliable system. I get a kick out of people who brag about something they installed on their car and they are like, "Man it is awesome, it gave me 15 more horsepower and it only cost me $2,500!". I'm like, "Dude, I've got an 18 horsepower lawn tractor that only cost me $2,000". I bet I get more use out of the 18 hp I bought then he gets out of the 15 hp he bought. When you are driving a Formula 1 course in a multi-million dollar car trying to stay ahead of the 19 other guys trying to get around you then $2,500 is a drop in the bucket, but when you are trying to get to the store before it closes well you best just save the money and leave the house 2 seconds earlier.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Hi David,

Again, welcome to the site. I hope we are able to give you valuable feedback and in return I hope we the community get another great option for an after-market exhaust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A buddy of mine has an 86 TR with Borla exhaust...it sounds magnificent, IMHO.

Good to hear you guys are getting back in the F-car biz....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts