Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just purchased a Daytona and given the current economic situation, I have been watching with more than a passing interest in what has been happening to prices. Based on the estimates at the December Gstaad auction, it does not look like the bottom has fallen out of the market. It is down a bit, but not a huge amount when you consider the run up over the past 3 years.

Lot 209
1970 Ferrari 365GTB/4 ‘Daytona’ Coupé Chassis no. 13345
Estimate: CHF390,000 - 450,000

Lot 227
Ex-Mel Blanc, the voice of Bugs Bunny,1972 Ferrari 365GTB/4 ‘Daytona’ Spyder Conversion Chassis no. 14995
Estimate: CHF240,000 - 300,000

Lot 228
1973 Ferrari 365GTB/4 ‘Daytona’ Berlinetta Chassis no. 16189 Engine no. 16189
Estimate: CHF350,000 - 420,000

CHF 1 = US $ 0.83
CHF 1 = GBP 0.54
CHF 1 = Euro 0.65

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
When you're in the market, or have just been in it, or think you will be soon, then these pricing trends are fascinating. I find myself in the same frame of mind when it comes to 365BB's (as we all know for the same reason as yourself), Boxer, but as I'm also thinking ahead I'm very keenly checking the market as a whole.

I agree the prices are still strong enough on the estimates - but the auction is still 3 weeks away and so the auction results should prove very interesting. Can the cars achieve the middle or higher estimates? That would be an indication that the market might not drop as much as we thought, at least for premium vehicles. If not, that might be the first real indication the slide is not stopping. The Daytona has always been a good barometer as it crosses the divide between "expensive" and "insane" prices - I don't mean that literally, but you catch my drift. It sits at the bottom end of the 60ies icons, but quite a bit above the other contenders such as the 365BB, the 330GTC and then less loved classics such as the 2+2's.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I would be surprised if they catch the low estimate, except for the "Conversion", which to me (after a telephone call to a guy who serviced the car) seems attractive (price wise).

Interestingly the guy who's selling the grey Plexi Daytona (looks great as his 365BB in grey does) has offered that car for over 1 year for a asking price of Euro 345' which would be roughly Swiss Franc 530', but now the low estimate is 390' a reduction of 26%, thinking allowed.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be surprised if they catch the low estimate, except for the "Conversion", which to me (after a telephone call to a guy who serviced the car) seems attractive (price wise).

Interestingly the guy who's selling the grey Plexi Daytona (looks great as his 365BB in grey does) has offered that car for over 1 year for a asking price of Euro 345' which would be roughly Swiss Franc 530', but now the low estimate is 390' a reduction of 26%, thinking allowed.
Sounds like the Daytona seller caught a strong case of realism.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

Grey BB and Grey Daytona - very classy garage indeed! :)

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts