Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Andrew. Thanks for sharing the pics. I was fortunate enough to see (and hear) this car being driven all out at Laguna Seca in 1996. It had just been sold to Matsuda by Symbolic, but had not yet been delivered, and was being actually driven by its previous owner. I walked back to the paddock to meet the car as it came off the track and was able to sit inside and play around with it for quite a while.

FerRoy: During the early 1960s, 3445 GT competed in various events including Le Mans, the Tour de France, and the 12 hours of Sebring. Its current colors are those of Ulf Norinder who owned and successfully campaigned the car from 1963-1964, finishing 2nd in class at the '64 Targa Florio as well as managing several first-place finishes in less renowned events.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lwausbrooks said:
Hi Andrew. Thanks for sharing the pics. I was fortunate enough to see (and hear) this car being driven all out at Laguna Seca in 1996. It had just been sold to Matsuda by Symbolic, but had not yet been delivered, and was being actually driven by its previous owner. I walked back to the paddock to meet the car as it came off the track and was able to sit inside and play around with it for quite a while.
Is this car 100% original? The car was in an amazing condition. I plan to visit the rest of Matsuda's collection later this year. He has around 34 on display at Gotenba near Mt. Fuji that I hear is wonderful. I would also like to attend the "Ferrari Brunch" that is held there but I've been told it is invite only via someone on this board. They also said it is difficult to get an invite (ie you have to know someone at Cornes) which is a disappointment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
"Is this car 100% original?"

Actually, just about everything you see on that car has been recreated. Back in 1965, 3445 GT was rebodied by Drogo into a handsome-looking coupe for road use. Later, in 1976, the Drogo body was removed and the car was returned to its original GTO configuration. The Drogo body, by the way, is currently on a 250 GTE chassis.

·
Registered
18 Posts
More details on the 250 gto with the Drogo body on this page.
Here two other photographs of the 250 gto s/n 3445 GT with the Drogo body :

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
i saw the drogo bodied car in holland in januari on a classic car show
You took a picture of this model ?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Tof70 said:
You took a picture of this model ?
I tried to, but i had an accident 2 weeks before and my hands where in bandage, so they didn't came out very well, and it was with my previous digital camera wich wasn't that great for indoors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts