Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that whenever I drop something while working on the Ferrari, IT NEVER MAKES IT TO THE FLOOR!!!???!!! It invariably gets hung up or caught on some bracket, laying on top of the frame, a cross brace or some shield.

I have been doing pretty good about locating the odd nut or bolt that I drop, but yesterday I dropped a 1/4 inch ignition wrench and it is gone!
I spent over a half hour looking for this wrench. I got greasier looking for the wrench than I did working on the car. I used a drop light, a mirror, looked at every possible angle, I even ran a magnet over the places I couldn't see. It is GONE!

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Pete,
Sorry about your luck but I have to be honest your post made me laugh and remember a very similar experience I had when I was helping my brother work on his car. We dropped a few bolts and they were caught on a sheet of medal that is under the engine. Took forever to get them. Hope you find it. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Now you know what the hole at the end of the wrench handle is for. It's for tying a cord to the wrench and securing the other end to your belt. So now, when the wrench slips out of your hand.............well, you get the picture!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts