Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Is anyone using the clear bras on a 360 ?
Do they work well ?
Do they look good ?
Will it look ok on black ?
And any other info anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Matt

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Matt,

I have experience on these. They are great and will protect the front paint from chips. The only time you'll ever see it is when dirt gets caught on the corners and where the clear bra ends and paint begins there is always a tiny lip that can hold small particles.

You shouldn't have any problem on black.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Agree with Boxer, and I quite enjoy cleaning the kamikazi moths and flies off the front end. If there are lots it means it was a good drive:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm going to call my Ferrarai dealer here today and check it out, given that some of the roads are fringed with sand and stones it may be beneficial to have the extra protection.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Matt,

Let us know how it turns out. I think it is a right move regardless of the 50/50 split in opinions here. When you get a chance to snap some photos I know we'd all like to see the car. Perhaps there are some cool backgrounds in Bahrain where you can take the photos.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Andrew

I spent the afternoon with the Ferrari after sales manager and we discussed the clear Bra, turns out he is currently investigating the 3M products but the initial prices he has been given are very expensive, around 2000BD which is around $5328 USD, so he is looking at alternative suppliers etc and will keep me informed. There is likley to be quite a demand here for the bras considering the desert landscape.
He has also arranged to have the car valeted once a month at the dealers and will also check on the liquids, tyre pressures etc and give her a general check up, which I am very happy with.:)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
the initial prices he has been given are very expensive, around 2000BD which is around $5328 USD, so he is looking at alternative suppliers etc and will keep me informed. There is likley to be quite a demand here for the bras considering the desert landscape.
I understand your situation, but for that kind of money you might want to ask your dealer how much it is to re-spray the front end. I know I can get my whole truck repainted a different color for that money.

I have stone chips on my Ferrari, I'm like Boxer, chips and scrapes are just part of the Ferrari experience. When they get bad enough you fix them. I took one of my wife's friends out for a ride today and we scraped the spoiler at 40 mph. She was freaking out thinking we'd damaged the car. I was like, "I stopped worrying about the bottom of the spoiler about 2 years ago." I glanced at it when we got home, didn't look any different than it did yesterday.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I understand your situation, but for that kind of money you might want to ask your dealer how much it is to re-spray the front end. I know I can get my whole truck repainted a different color for that money.

I have stone chips on my Ferrari, I'm like Boxer, chips and scrapes are just part of the Ferrari experience. When they get bad enough you fix them. I took one of my wife's friends out for a ride today and we scraped the spoiler at 40 mph. She was freaking out thinking we'd damaged the car. I was like, "I stopped worrying about the bottom of the spoiler about 2 years ago." I glanced at it when we got home, didn't look any different than it did yesterday.
Thanks Pete, I did discuss a front end respray, if and when necessary with the after sales manager and its no big deal at all, I appreciate what you and Boxer are saying and am under no illusions that a stone chip or two is in no way going to harm the car I just think that the risk of chipping on these particular roads is much higher than most other places that I have driven in ( there is alot of construction going on here which = a lot of trucks carrying a lot of gravel etc :mad: ) and taking into account that I drive the car everyday, which I love :drive: the extra protection can only be a good thing, unless it f***s up the paint ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts