Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang:

Can anyone please tell me what is the most desirable of the 308 (GTS) series of cars? My understanding is that at one time Ferrari improved corrosion resistance of the cars, what year was that?

Can anyone suggest a good buyers guide for these cars as well.

Thank you, Glenn

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
If you join this site, as a member, you will have access to an excellent 308 buyers guide.

There are many things to consider, I personally, wanted a '79 or earlier because I wanted the carbs and I wanted it to become an antique faster (registration, inspection, and insurance reasons).

Overall, the QV is probably the most desirable 308.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The 84-85 GTS QV's are considered the best. And if you are lucky enough to find a Euro version, that is an added bonus and plus.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Hi Glenn,

Welcome to Ferrari Forum. Your question is a tuff one. Do you prefer the sound of carbs? If so an early model like Pete's is the way to go. If you are going to get a fuel injected 308 you might as well step up and get the QV which has 4 values/cylinder and slightly better performance. Best of luck in your search and if there is more we can do to help let us know.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Glenn,

There really are two correct answers to your question depending on what type of driving experience you prefer:

Raw - an early Fiberglass 308 GTB

Civilized - late 308 QV GTS

there is about 10 years of development between the two and this is very apparent when you drive the cars.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts