Ferrari Life Forum banner

Best colour for a 550

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Bill- They look just right on a 550 or Barchetta, especially a bright blue 550.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
the second question she posed after asking if I could afford it, was: if you want to sell it a year or two from now will you lose a lot of money? :cry3:
Wise lady, your Mother!:thumbsup:

While accepting that I shall always lose money on the family daily drivers, I set myself a test when buying a "toy":

Question 1: is it a car I want because I shall enjoy owning & driving it?

If the answer is "no", that's the end of it. Full stop.

If the answer is "yes", then I ask myself question 2: even though I may have no intention of doing so, if circumstances dictated that I had to sell it in a few years' time, would I be likely at least to get my money back?

If the answer is to both questions is "yes", then I buy the car, but I don't even consider question 2 until I have answered question 1. If the answer to question 1 is "yes" and to question 2 is "no", then I have a problem!

Reverting to topic, while I have my own preferences, I have yet to see a 550 in any colour that doesn't look good. :crowngrin:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Wise lady, your Mother!:thumbsup:

While accepting that I shall always lose money on the family daily drivers, I set myself a test when buying a "toy":

Question 1: is it a car I want because I shall enjoy owning & driving it?

If the answer is "no", that's the end of it. Full stop.

If the answer is "yes", then I ask myself question 2: even though I may have no intention of doing so, if circumstances dictated that I had to sell it in a few years' time, would I be likely at least to get my money back?

If the answer is to both questions is "yes", then I buy the car, but I don't even consider question 2 until I have answered question 1. If the answer to question 1 is "yes" and to question 2 is "no", then I have a problem!

Reverting to topic, while I have my own preferences, I have yet to see a 550 in any colour that doesn't look good. :crowngrin:

Hi John,
I'm in total agree with you: while I have my own preferences,I have yet to see a 550 in any colour that doesn't look good.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Everybody with a blue 550 agrees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
About 8 years ago there was an azuro california with crema for sale at the Hong Kong ferrari distributor. I went down to look at it . The salesman announced it had been sold and the new owner had requested it be sprayed Nero ! The pictures in azuro were magnificent

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Welcome to Ferrari Life. Introduce yourself down in member intros.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Though I love my Argento Nurburgring 575 F1, after reading this survey its sad to know that originally I missed out on a 3 pedal 575 in Pozzi Blue. It was sold before I even had a chance to look at the car, and the price was originally lower than the asking price on mine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Car color

Clyde:

I think you have the right color on your car now.

Up until about two months ago I would have said red. I thought all Ferrari's should be red.

My wife and I walked into Brian Crall's shop to visit our car.

Inside the shop was a 550, with this blood red exterior, and an interior I can only describe as a sort of pumpkin color. The car was beautiful inside and out.

While I was talking to Brian my wife walked over to the 550, around it, and announced, "I could drive this." I do not remember my wife ever saying that about any car we have had.

Since that meeting she has become interested in 550s, what they cost, and is the one she saw for sale.

Chuck

·
Registered
536 Posts
Clyde:

I think you have the right color on your car now.

Up until about two months ago I would have said red. I thought all Ferrari's should be red.

My wife and I walked into Brian Crall's shop to visit our car.

Inside the shop was a 550, with this blood red exterior, and an interior I can only describe as a sort of pumpkin color. The car was beautiful inside and out.

While I was talking to Brian my wife walked over to the 550, around it, and announced, "I could drive this." I do not remember my wife ever saying that about any car we have had.

Since that meeting she has become interested in 550s, what they cost, and is the one she saw for sale.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck
Good luck in your search for a 550/575.
I used to think I would never get a Ferrari in another colour but red either actually, funny how these things change.
Clyde

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Looking at the poll results, the silvers/grays have it. Since dark gray (Silverstone) was never a standard paint on the 550s, I assume those folks were voting for titanium, which is more like a dark silver or metallic light gray. 88 votes combined.

Incidentally, that is the way Ferrari counts paint colors. During the Maranello production years, reds and grays were by far the most popular.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
With risk of ruining the party.....The answer for me would be the colour of the one that magically appeared in my garage. I would love to also own a 550/575. I had the pleasure of driving a Super America for a couple of weeks before I eventually settled on the 16M. BTW it was red!

David.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
575 in Azzurro California

About 8 years ago there was an azuro california with crema for sale at the Hong Kong ferrari distributor. I went down to look at it . The salesman announced it had been sold and the new owner had requested it be sprayed Nero ! The pictures in azuro were magnificent
Same as mine! I think she is pretty handsome.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Simon- A shame covering that beautiful color with black paint.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Taz

Aah the old black painted lower section question eh! My car came with that (I bought her 3 1/2yrs ago) and I have to say that in some respects in my view it improves the side profile of the car. I am not sure if it was factory supplied like that?? I'll have to do some research I guess, unless somebody out there knows the answer.......:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Grant- Had forgotten you had a Barchetta. Very pretty.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Simon- As far as I know, only some late model 575Ms and all Superamericas had all body color lower panels. Have not seen an OEM 550 with that color scheme.

Attachments

161 - 180 of 187 Posts