Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collect a few 1:18 scale Ferraris, and have been wondering: Does anyone know what the "ultimate" 1:18 scale model brand is for Ferrari?

I've noticed that one of the more disappointing models I got was a 250 GTO from BBurago. Conversely, one of the best models I have is a 360 from the same company.

I also admire the detailing Hot Wheels did with their Enzo. My only gripe is, though the carpet floors are nice, I don't think the real Enzo has carpet floors ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Check out some of the offerings from Exoto . Get their catalog as they offer much more than is shown on the site. They had a fantastic 250 GTO once. Maybe it's still available.

Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
The last time that I purchased some 1:18 models the shop owner told me that Hot Wheels bought the rights to produce Ferrari die casts. This was over a year ago so I don't know if it was real or still in effect. I have several different brands in my collection. Bburago, Hot Wheels, Kyosho, Auto Art, etc... Kyosho has some of the nicer fit and finish, but limited model availability for Ferraris. Auto Art has nice product and tends to make models from all eras. Both tend to have simulated carpet(not molded plastic), working steering, suspension travel, opening doors, trunk, hood, etc.. Figure between $70-100 per Kyosho and $45-75 for Auto Art.

Current 1:18 models in the collection:
Ferrari: 288 GTO, F40, F50, 512TR, 348TS, 328GTS, Testarossa(1980s and 1950s), 250LM, 512BBi, Daytona coupe, 250GTO, 250GT SWB, and more I can't remember...
Lamborghini: lp400s countach, 5000s countach, miura jota, diablo coupe, murcielago coupe and roadster
And about 150 more covering vintage street, current racers, exotics, sports cars etc.. I should really take a pic and see what i have, too many to display for sure. And thats just the 1:18

1 - 3 of 3 Posts