Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have learned something from the member’s section here. I do not have a Berlinette but a coupe. Nuts. I like the sound of Berlinette better than coupe. Heck, my father had a coupe. A coupe sounds like an old man’s car. Hey, I am an old man. Now I am really mad.

:evil:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
:green: :green: :green:
That is funny!! Ha Ha! You old man driving an old man car!!

Don't sweat it Bart. You can still call your car a Berlinetta and 99.9% of the population won't know the difference. Heck, you didn't even know the difference.
And the term for a man of advanced years, such as yourself, is not "old" it is "mature".
I, on the other hand, being only in my 40's, am still "immature" :green: :green: :green:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Pete04222 said:
I, on the other hand, being only in my 40's, am still "immature"
Blimey Pete - as a mere 36 yr old - I must still be an embryo!!

Bart - call it a Coupe. While Pete is right that 99.9% of the population won't know the difference - those that matter will invariably know!!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Bazil said:
Blimey Pete - as a mere 36 yr old - I must still be an embryo!!
No, you are, and I'm sure your wife will agree with me, in the immature stage. :green:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I heard a Bertone spokesman pronounce "coupe" as "koo-pey" and not just "koop." Much more cosmopolitan.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Boxer said:
If you pronounce it "koo-pey" you have a chance at extracting an extra 10% out of a potential buyer..... :wink: :wink:
Nah, it's a Koop. It's an old man's car. Gee Bart, I drive a Spider. Sounds like a young man's car doesn't it? :green: :green: :green:

(Oh man is he going to be mad. :wink: )

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peter,

If I take a hacksaw to my roof, will I have a spider?

:green:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Boxer said:
If you pronounce it "koo-pey" you have a chance at extracting an extra 10% out of a potential buyer..... :wink: :wink:
It worked on me when I bought the blue car. :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
Guys, guys - please, I implore you - listen to the Europeans on this. After all - "Coupe" is a word derived from French.

Chickens live in a "coop" - and you certainly don't want people to think you drive one of those!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts