Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to get the all the info on becomeing a certified ferrari mechanic a link would help alot

·
Registered
575 Posts
Basically, you need to establish a career as an auto tech doing other brands of cars, (everyday-type of vehicles: Ford, Toyota, Honda, etc...). Become the best at that and then try for the Ferrari position.

A Ferrari is like any other car, it has a motor, wheels, etc... Even the modern cars have universal diagnosing systems like OBD, that are found on every other car. There are no mysteries under the hood of a Ferrari... Just alot of expensive parts! :green:

·
Registered
34 Posts
As a guy who has nothing better to do than dream of cars I've looked into this quite a few times and have had the means to explore it pretty deep.

My take on it is as follows.

The best mechanics I've ever found. For any car marque have always been independent mechanics. The Shelbys and Bizzarinis of this world were pretty much just that. Just about every hard core Ferrari that is being either resurrected or kept alive is in the hands of an independent. That's not even mentioning Lamborghinis and Bentleys (pre war) and Porsches.

What I would do is go to the best independent you can get in with and learn under him. Develop a name for yourself being great and then visit the Ferrari factory for their training. You'll end up laughing at the curriculum and walk away knowing you are a kick ass Ferrari mechanic. My friend's mechanic in Japan has an apprentice mechanic who is now an experienced mechanic and that is exactly what happened. There's a reason the 250GTOs and 250 Siders don't roll into dealer service centers but end up in the hands of the Patric Otis' and the JR Vallandinghams.

Just be lucky you don't want to be a Lamborghini tech! Ferraris are easy to work on when comparing them to something like the complication under the hood of a Lamborghini!

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts