Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found #18195 in Paris. It is a former US car with US bumper, the color is yellow and black. I would like to know if somebody knows this car ?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I only have one note in my database which says that is is black/black, but no source of the info. Maybe it is resprayed, maybe an error in my database.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
The 365 BB was never offically imported into the U.S. so I don't think there would have been any bumper modifications. Can someone correct me if I am wrong please?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
If this is a former US registered car, then it would have had to come in via the grey market and been converted. Ferrari never sold the 365 GT4 BB in the US. One of the changes made would have been to fit larger, more extended bumpers. The quality of the conversions varies greatly and it is worth investigating who did the work. I would suggest that you contact Dick Merritt (very helpful) at the DOT in Washington DC, and Gerald Roush at Ferrari Market Letter to see if either have more infomation on this SN. If the car was legally imported into the US both would have imformation on it. They might also be able to tell you when it was re-exported back to Europe.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
I only have one note in my database which says that is is black/black, but no source of the info. Maybe it is resprayed, maybe an error in my database.
In 1985 this car was for sale in the USA by Kitt Tucker. Black with black interior. 22,000 miles on the odo. Asking price $42500. Source: Marvin Register (original source probably Ferrari Market Letter).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello, this is my first post, i´don´t speak a good English, I recently bougth a Ferrari Testarossa, and i want to know if the color is the original what can i do? se serial number es 80511 my car is nero/nero is from 1988.
Best Regards.

Gabriel Vilches Castellano

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
GabyTR said:
Hello, this is my first post, i´don´t speak a good English, I recently bougth a Ferrari Testarossa, and i want to know if the color is the original what can i do? se serial number es 80511 my car is nero/nero is from 1988.
Best Regards.

Gabriel Vilches Castellano
Gaby TR, As an owner you can register on the Ferrari Owners Site:

https://www.owners.ferrari.com/cgi-bin/Feros/os/jsp/01_0_login.jsp

and then ask the factory to send you the information directly.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Boxer said:
bentley boy1 said:
52 000 kms on the odo.
How to know the color scheme when the car has left the factory in 1975.
I have sent a note to the factory asking for the original colors for this SN. I will let you know when I get a reply. It normally takes 2-3 days.
Here is the information I received from the factory:

The original exterior colour of the Ferrari 365 GT4, 18195 was Nero 20-B-50.

Hope it helps your quest.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you very much¡ I will register in few days because i´m doing the matriculation, i recently bougth my car, so i will wait few days. Thanks again, Best Regards.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
addendum

I looked this serial number and my limited information shows that this car was sold originally to Nocentini of Italy and the Maranello assembly # is 251 and the Scaglietti manufacture # is 230. There is a note to it saying that this car was sold in France in October 2004 for 75,000 Euro. Color says yellow/black. That's all I have. Hope this helps ,... Jimmy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes this car was at R-box, it was sold to a German collector. I am always in the search of one 365 BB with all his tools and his handbooks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS said:
I looked this serial number and my limited information shows that this car was sold originally to Nocentini of Italy and the Maranello assembly # is 251 and the Scaglietti manufacture # is 230. There is a note to it saying that this car was sold in France in October 2004 for 75,000 Euro. Color says yellow/black. That's all I have. Hope this helps ,... Jimmy
This information is inaccurate...

Renato Nocentini of Florence, Italy was the owner of Garage La Rotonda, This car was ordered by him for a Florence Retail Customer in 1974.

This car is the 232nd 365BB manufactured, Scaglietti Assy #224, Body #230 fitted, Painted originally in Nero, Painted Giallo (Boxer) in 1982 in California, US for the owner. Kitt Tucker of Jacksonville, Florida owned the car from Dec 1982 until June 1986. Car was imported in France in 1988 by a well known collector.

Argento.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts