Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bazil said:
Dj Dirk said:
so
was the race any good?
No. It was incredibly dull - like they always are. :green:

Did anyone see the opening round of the Moto GP? Now that was exciting!!
Bazil,
You have told us how much you hate F1 and you hate anything to do with F1. Yet you read and post responses to every single Formula 1 post telling us how much you hate F1. Then you watch the race that we all want to see but couldn't and you tell us it was boring. If you don't like F1 then stop breaking everyone else's rice bowl! This is a Ferrari site and Ferrari races F1. The people here want to see Ferrari dominate everyone else.

I can see you in your easy chair with your cider and some chips watching Schumi lap the Toyotas and yelling into the kitchen at your wife saying "Man, this sucks, how can anyone watch this trash."

Cut it out! Stop it! In fact, you should be banned from even viewing the Ferrari racing section of this Forum! F1 is the only racing that I watch and I work with guys who believe Dale Earnhart is a god and the day before Monday belongs to NASCAR. Now that is boring!

Formula 1 is good drama and the lead actor in the show is Ferrari. If you don't like the show - don't watch it.

(of course Bazil, this is all in good fun. I enjoy all your posts, but do you get my point?)

PS- I still think you are a closet F1 fan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,211 Posts
He has a point there. And if you do not like F1, you can always watch the Ferrari Challenge. Much more action there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
Pete04222 said:
If you don't like the show - don't watch it.
I didn't!! I did what I always do (as I too care that Ferrari wins) I looked at the result.

When there are 10 seconds between the winner and second place, another 10 seconds between second and third, and the headline reads "Schumacher Completely Dominates San Marino" you don't need to have watched the race to know it was probably the usual procession!!

Look at this and point out the excitment to me:

http://www.fia.com/sport/Championships/F1/F1_Lap_Charts/San_Marino/2004.html

It's like a parade. Surely the usual pit-stop/strategy thing doesn't really excite you that much?? :green:

Actually - I've just spotted something... Something happened to Ralph on lap 59 - 3 people overtook him! I'm sorry I didn't watch it now - that must have been fabulous!! :wink:

Pete04222 said:
PS- I still think you are a closet F1 fan.
You really don't mean that!!! :lol:

And another thing - in the same thread, Rosso said "Yeah, it was kinda dull" - and he really is a fan!!! In fact, reading that thread now, it appears that the most exciting thing that happened (according to Dermot) was the press conference!!!!! :nuts:

Yes - I get your point - although I know you'd be disappointed now if I didn't comment!!! :green:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bazil said:
Yes - I get your point - although I know you'd be disappointed now if I didn't comment!!! :green:
I was counting on your comment. You did not dissappoint! :green:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
I do try to keep you lot amused!! :green:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Bazil said:
I do try to keep you lot amused!! :green:
By god you certainly do that Bazil!! - I do enjoy going to F1 races, but mainly for the noise and the girls (I leave the wife at home).

I even like watching F1 on the speed channel here in CA. In comparison to NASCAR its absolutly wonderful. NASCAR drivers drive around in circles for 2 hours in cars that Starsky and Hutch would not have been seen dead in - I'd rather watch paint dry!!

Derm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Dermot said:
NASCAR drivers drive around in circles for 2 hours in cars that Starsky and Hutch would not have been seen dead in - I'd rather watch paint dry!!

Derm
Now THAT'S an idea to spice up the racing! Everyone's gotta enter as either Starsky or Hutch or Elvis & dress accordingly. Start all the cars heading backwards & everytone has to do a reverse flick before the first corner (OK, that's Jim Rockford but close enough). :eek:ha:

Being my first post ever in the Racing forum you can see that I'm less than whelmed by F1, but used to watch heaps years ago. I pine for the days of really interesting stuff happening like the huge wings & ground-effect skirts of the 70's, the early turbo vs Cosworth V8 battles, and crazy ideas like Lotus's 4WD and gas-turbine cars. What about the "stone-blower" rear-fans that were tried - good stuff!!! :eek:

Keep it up, Bazil :up:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
I am a huge F1 fan, but I admit, there wasn't enough action in Suday's race to keep me extremely interested, except for the opning laps until Herr Schumacher got into the lead. I mean, I have to say I'm absolutley loving the way right now that Ferrari and Schumi are just utterly running off with the championship and would love to see him take number 7, and our 6th consecutive constructors' crown. But the thing is, I would like to see at least somewhat of a challenge form some other teams (looks like BAR is the most likely at this point), of course with Ferrari comming out on top of these battles. Something like the USGP of 2003 was quite interesting. Alot of different things happening, because of the changing weather conditions.

Although, nothing's going to stop me from NOT waking up at 4AM to watch the race live, even if Schumacher laps the field. But it's one of those things that I would like to see something that will keep me attentively glued to the TV.

And I defintely must state that I could not ever bring myself to watch a nascar race, 200+ laps on an oval, it's just not an idea that really attracts me to it.

Eh, what can I say. I'm still a dedicated Tifoso and F1 fan and nothing will stop me from continuing that, but I'm just looking for a bit more interesting stuff happening in the race. And I say, bring back the old qualifying, especially. part of the weekend is really just sort of missing now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
Guys - I've had a brilliant idea...

3 races each year are nominated as "Reversed grid" - only the teams/drivers are not told which one's they are!!

After normal qualifying has finished, and the same guys are at the front, with the same guys in the middle and the same guys at the back, the FIA declare it a "Reverse Grid Start" - they reverse the grid!!

No point not tryin gin qualifying, as it's more likely to be a normal race.

I'd definitely watch that!!! Actually - I'd probably get up at 4:00am too to watch that!!

It'd be an absolute riot!! :green:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You may be on to something there. A reversed grid would be exciting! The guys in the back would have to use their skill and experience to avoid hitting the guys in the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Bazil said:
Guys - I've had a brilliant idea...

3 races each year are nominated as "Reversed grid" - only the teams/drivers are not told which one's they are!!

After normal qualifying has finished, and the same guys are at the front, with the same guys in the middle and the same guys at the back, the FIA declare it a "Reverse Grid Start" - they reverse the grid!!

No point not tryin gin qualifying, as it's more likely to be a normal race.

I'd definitely watch that!!! Actually - I'd probably get up at 4:00am too to watch that!!

It'd be an absolute riot!! :green:
I want whatever you are smoking Bazil - great suggestion!!!

Derm :green: :green: :green:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
Bazil, I have to say that's quite the idea! And I definitely must say it's a helluva lot better than the ideas the FIA have right now about "improving" the sport...!

That would be quite exciting I think. It would make you watch the whole season to just watch and wait for the 3 races with the reversed grid. That would be interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
4kids3fish said:
I thought my idea of just STARTING in reverse was crazy enough! :nuts:
It certainly was crazy - I was howling with laughter at the thought!!!

I just wish they'd do something to bring back the excitement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,082 Posts
Dermot said:
Bazil said:
Guys - I've had a brilliant idea...

3 races each year are nominated as "Reversed grid" - only the teams/drivers are not told which one's they are!!

After normal qualifying has finished, and the same guys are at the front, with the same guys in the middle and the same guys at the back, the FIA declare it a "Reverse Grid Start" - they reverse the grid!!

No point not tryin gin qualifying, as it's more likely to be a normal race.

I'd definitely watch that!!! Actually - I'd probably get up at 4:00am too to watch that!!

It'd be an absolute riot!! :green:
I want whatever you are smoking Bazil - great suggestion!!!

Derm :green: :green: :green:
They already do that in the ETCC (European Touring Car Championship)
they drive 2 races on sunday, and they first 8 driviers from the 1st race are reversed in the 2nd race, very cool to watch
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top