Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recommendation for a decent Battery maintainer. I'm looking around and have found a few solar powered units that seem to be perfect. I can use it for my Garden Tractor also. I'm concerned about durability and I'm the cheapest SOB you've ever met. There appears to be a nice one for $35 at the Bass Pro Shops, but I want to hear from experienced folks.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=5196&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
A repost of mine...

I bought one from "Battery Tender" sold at most Harley Davidson shops because it’s officially approved by them as well as BMW. I bought the Junior for $40.00 and it works perfectly, it’s plugged to my ATV all the time and I once used it for a constant 3 months on my 04 Sierra and it was amazing. When I buy my F-Car I will pick up the 4-Bank Charger

http://batterytender.com/

~

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It may have just been around this site in different threads, but like Archie and Boxer, I've heard good things about Airflow...but if something is approved by BMW I'm sure it would be up to the task and very reliable as well.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Considering the recent infamous taser incident, I was wondering, should you be going anywhere near small, high voltage electrical devices? ;)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Considering the recent infamous taser incident, I was wondering, should you be going anywhere near small, high voltage electrical devices? ;)
Pacemaker maintainer. :)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought maybe the residuals could power the Ferrari without need for a battery, but I was mistaken. Voltage to high, I could destroy the starter motor.

FYI
Bought a 15 watt Brunton panel at the new Cabela's here in CT. Capable of multiple batteries. We'll see how it works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts