Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I was just wondering if there is a common cause for battery drain in the 360 (other than the normal sitting in the garage)? All has been fine as I have owned my 360 for almost a year and the battery started to act up from sitting too long. I charged it once and drove the car. Two weeks later the battery was completely dead. It would not even charge so I replaced it. Happy that I had a new battery, I took my baby out for a Saturday night drive. SIX days later, I attempt to unlock the doors and the battery is dead AGAIN to the point that the locking system does not even say its charming "beep beep"...

Since, I do not enjoy laying over my passenger seat to get to the friggin' battery location, I need help to try and solve this.

Also, is there any location on the car where I can connect a charger without having to get to the battery??? Jump start??? Is jump starting against the laws of the Ferrari Gods???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey
I had similar issues on my 360. Its been twice in the last two weeks that the car will not start. The first time round there was some noise but guess there was not enough battery to start it. The second time (todAY) the alarm will not even respond and cannot start at all! Could not even unlock the car, had to use the keys.

I'm not sure on how to jump start so do need some suggestions from someone. I;ve got another car but dont want to blow the system!! Can someone help please.

I use the car on the weekends mainly, do I need to switch off the battery from under the bonnet each time I leave it? The battery drained only after leaving it for three days...

Any help / suggestions would be much appreciated!:)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
360's do drain batteries fast if left sitting. It sounds like you need to replace the battery. It is located in the front passangers footwell. Once they go completely dead once, if the battery is a few years old, then you are better off replacing it with a fresh one. Once you get the replacement fitted, I would then fit a changer. I have done it by attaching a connector directly to the battery and running the plug wire over the top of the passenger footwall. I then attach the battery conditioner when I am leaving the 360 in the garage for more than a day or two. Have never had a problem using this set up.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey Boxer, I'm curious if you or anybody else has actually measured the current draw on a 360 with the ignition off. Most computers seem to use about 60 milliamps, which means the battery should be good for over a month (as is my 328). I wonder why 360s would draw 10 times that? Maybe I'll have to buy one just to figure it out :). -Steve

·
Registered
366 Posts
Gee, that seems pretty unreasonable. Even if it is sitting in your garage with the alarm off? That settles it, then, I'm not going to buy one right away. -Steve

·
Registered
167 Posts
What about a secret toggle?

The factory fitted alarms on the 360's have a reputation for being real power hogs. I was told not to let it sit for more than 2 weeks without either using the kill switch (which is a pain because you loose all the stereo pre sets, etc) or using a battery conditioner.
Where would you wire a switch to cure the power leak issue?
NCNG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts