Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the average age is of a 308 owner.
Old dudes (57 like me) or 20s 30s 40s or ???

I learned with the MR2 that most of the guys were in their 20s and tended to "exercise" their cars more "vigorously" than I do. I blow the carbon out at least once when I drive it, but not every stop light.

Just trying to figure what "wear level" I can expect to find

Has there ever been a survey taken on this BB?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Just wondering what the average age is of a 308 owner.
Old dudes (57 like me) or 20s 30s 40s or ???

I learned with the MR2 that most of the guys were in their 20s and tended to "exercise" their cars more "vigorously" than I do. I blow the carbon out at least once when I drive it, but not every stop light.

Just trying to figure what "wear level" I can expect to find

Has there ever been a survey taken on this BB?
Almost all the 308 owners I know are in late 30s-mid 40s.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I was 38 when I bought my 328.
Recently I was talking to a dealer, who said what Boxer said, most 3X8 owners are late 30's +. He puts it down to the fact that 3X8's were the dream cars when these people were growing up, now that they have a bit of money in the bank and these cars are the same price as a new family saloon car they can afford to buy their dream cars.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello,
Personnaly, I bought my 308 at 35. You're right saying it is a dream car of a generation. Thanks Magnum !

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was 29 when I got my first 308 and now I am 33.

Corgi model of Magnum's car definitely might have had a hand in that...

·
Registered
465 Posts
I, too, am in my thirties, and like many people of "my generation", I don't care much about 1950s or 1960s cars, no matter how great the baby boomers pretend they are. The 1970s and 80s gave us the most beautiful -- and "coolest" -- cars ever made. ;)

I'll take a 308, Berlinetta Boxer, Esprit, Countach, Merak, Testarossa, or Mondial over any (yes, any) 250, 330, E-Type, Mistral, etc.

With that said, . . . one should also note that much of the crowd who favors 308s today were too young to buy them new, and the majority of original owners of 308s are probably "old dudes" today! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting off topic here but.....
My all time favorite car is the XK140, just because of it's lines. It reminds me of the car the wolf drove in Mighty Mouse cartoons.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Beautiful car. Made the mistake of driving one once. Felt like an oil tanker.
Oil tanker:confused:
I consider it "smooth" compared to a 1955 Monza.:D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeh, I think in the 40's.
The younger generations being 20's and 30's IN MY OPINION tend to go for the modern day Ferrari's from the 1990's to present...

I spotted a Red Ferrari Dino yesterday on the streets, how much would a Ferrari Dino be worth today, sayign that it was made
from the 1960's to 1970's. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Old guy with a Mondial 8

I'm 72 and have wanted a Ferrari for 40 years. Finally got one at age 70. The Mondial is just tame enough to suit my advanced age!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was 45 when I got the Dino, I just turned 50 this year, looks like Its tiime for a Harley now too!

Cheers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was 42 when I bought my first F, the 328GTS. Before I spent a bit on Lotus, Porsches and british classic cars. Seems now I am concentrating on Classic and keep them with me for a longer period.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts