Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone on Ferrari Life. I have loved Ferraris since childhood. The Ferrari F40 was the car that started the passion. As a kid I borrowed every Ferrari book I could get my hands on. This continued all the way up till high school. I hope to one day share in the passion and experience it firsthand. My dream car is either a 1997-1999 Ferrari 355 spider in yellow or a 2001-2003 Ferrari 360 coupe in black or yellow (only manual gearbox). I attended college and graduated Phi Kappa Phi and with honors to one day have a successful career required to purchase and maintain a “dream machine”. I hope to learn plenty so when I do purchase my “Maranello Stallion”, I avoid a lemon. Also, I hope to meet and befriend many Ferrari owners.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place!

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Welcome to FL.

I would suggest you move towards a 360 for reliability purposes and stay with the 6 speed manual.

The 355 spider is killer good looking but can be challenging maintenance wise.

Keep us posted and we'll help you out.

You should post questions in the relative auto section of this site.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Chino, CA, which is located in Southern California about 35 miles east of Los Angeles. I would like a 360 Modena because you can do the belt service without dropping the engine and it resembles the curvaceous 1966 ferrari 206 Dino of the 1960's (well technically they're Dinos). However, the 355 has a certain charm to it.

Gcalo which Ferrari(s) do you currently own? Which have you owned? And do you plan on purchasing any others?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I have a very unusually colored light metallic blue 360. It's a fantastic car.

I have had a 1974 246 Dino which I foolishly sold and it is remarkable from inside the 360 how similar the outward view is from that of the Dino.

The 360 is a great car and there is considerable maintenance that can be done w/o ever removing the engine. Timing belt replacement is certainly one of those but also the clutch and its related items are accessible w/o engine removal as well.

The 360's are fabulous cars and I highly recommend.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ciao and Welcome

Ask as many questions as possible and use the search function in your quest.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello everyone on Ferrari Life. I have loved Ferraris since childhood. The Ferrari F40 was the car that started the passion. As a kid I borrowed every Ferrari book I could get my hands on. This continued all the way up till high school. I hope to one day share in the passion and experience it firsthand. My dream car is either a 1997-1999 Ferrari 355 spider in yellow or a 2001-2003 Ferrari 360 coupe in black or yellow (only manual gearbox). I attended college and graduated Phi Kappa Phi and with honors to one day have a successful career required to purchase and maintain a “dream machine”. I hope to learn plenty so when I do purchase my “Maranello Stallion”, I avoid a lemon. Also, I hope to meet and befriend many Ferrari owners.
Time is on your side. Seems like the F40 is slipping in value and you might able to realize your dreams sooner than later. If there is a will there is a way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts