Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a drive and golf day on Wednesday 18th at a resort called Clear Water Sanctuary Golf, some 200km north of Kuala Lumpur, near a city called Ipoh. It was the first of what is to be the Annual Ferrari vs Porsche Owners Club matches. Equally interesting was the drive itself. There were 10 Ferrari and 10 Porsches and needless to say our Ferraris reach the destinations first. The guys were doing 290-295kph on long stretches of the highway and this was possible because of the very light traffic in the morning. But we lost the golf and being host, it was not a big deal.

The assembly in the morning:

Lining up for inspection?

Hanging out

Reflecting on the day?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adlin did not join us. The latest Porsche was the 996 Turbo. Unfortunately many of the better Porsches are owned by our members. :lol: So the GT2s and GT3s are not there.

The rear space of the Stradale can't take a golf bag because ther is now a big sub-woofer in the centre. A golf bag has to be placed at the passenger side. I didn't play, just there for the drive, take photographs and see that everything is all right.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
marcos said:
Stradale said:
The rear space of the Stradale can't take a golf bag because ther is now a big sub-woofer in the centre.
Why need a sub-woofer? You got a Stradale Stradale... :wink: ...the engine is all the sub-woofer you need. :lol:
because there's a microphone connected to the tip of the exhaust pipe since the CS isn't loud enough on its own :green:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
marcos said:
Stradale said:
The rear space of the Stradale can't take a golf bag because ther is now a big sub-woofer in the centre.
Why need a sub-woofer? You got a Stradale Stradale... :wink: ...the engine is all the sub-woofer you need. :lol:
because there's a microphone connected to the tip of the exhaust pipe since the CS isn't loud enough on its own :green:
lol!

Ah. Well, you can always have a van or something follow you to the course carrying the bag(s).

If you didn't order the "hi-fi" system in your car, it wouldn't be there then, correct?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Any 12s over there?

It looked like a fun afternoon. If I would have played golf also, you would have lost next year also. (Ha-ha)

:green:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
adlinyusman said:
Dj Dirk said:
just beeing corious was there an interesting Porsche present?
and i dont see Eddy's giallo 355
good question. i didn't know bout the drive myself!
It was on the members notice on the Ferrari vs Porsche Golf match.

Any 12s over there?

It looked like a fun afternoon. If I would have played golf also, you would have lost next year also. (Ha-ha)
We have all the 12 cylinder cars from the 512 Boxer to the present 575M. The 612 Scaglietti will be delivered to the first customer in October this year.

Stradale, Great shots and it sounds like it was a great drive up to Ipoh. The oldest model in the shots seems to be a 328 GTS. Are there any older Ferrari's (Boxers, Daytonas, etc) in your group ?
There's a 512 Boxer and several 308's but they got left far behind during the drives and the owners never follow us anymore. Sad. Even the 328 owners are now looking for faster Ferraris.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Stradale said:
adlinyusman said:
Dj Dirk said:
just beeing corious was there an interesting Porsche present?
and i dont see Eddy's giallo 355
good question. i didn't know bout the drive myself!
It was on the members notice on the Ferrari vs Porsche Golf match.
yeah, it was. I just checked it. Damn. I wish i had tagged along. It totally slipped my mind. It must've been great. Oh well, next time i spose.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts