Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Christmas has finally arrived in South Western Ontario.

After very anxiously awaiting for "THE CAR" to be delivered, I can now feel like I do own it - over a month since I actually paid for it.

The owners manual did not come w/ the vehicle, so I will be chasing the dealer for it ( lots of luck eh? ) but otherwise, it looks great. Far from perfect, but as the mechanic who did the PPI said - it is not a new car.

On the other hand, the neighbors who came to look were surprised to hear that it was 20 yrs old. Timeless was the actual word used. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thanks to all who helped esp. Nightlife - both a fellow Canuck and someone who showed that you can buy a Ferrari sight unseen!.

It is now tightly tucked into my garage ( note all my power tools i.e. radial arm saw, planer, drill press plus telescopes etc packed tight at the front of the garage plus I had to move my Yamaha R6 into the back shed ). When the licensing is done it will be moved into a rented space.

So here in photos is the delivery. Note: The Ferrari is beautiful - As these pics show - Ferrari owners - well not so much.

Off to gawk at her some more.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Sweeeet, Nice job Greg

Put all that other junk in a rented space and keep her close by. Ya can't take her for a quick spin if ya need to plan ahead.

Lane

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Beautiful looking car! Congratulations!

Chris

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Your smile says it all !:D Congratulations and lots of fun !!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats, Greg. She's a beauty! I can't wait to go for a drive in the country with you and some other local exotics...:D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still Smiling

Gentlemen,
It is sooo easy to smile with a Ferrari in your driveway! ( In my case, it would be impossible not to )

Boxer, I am only two provinces east of NightLife - a short 3 day drive.

However, P1-EH is only 20 minutes away and already has provided fantastic help. I cannot wait to go for a local drive with the other exotics.

The F-car community is very accepting of new members and I am happy to be here!

Greg

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Interesting that you say that. While I whole heartedly agree that FLife is a super place to hang out. The members here are true gentlemen that I consider to me my freinds and I look forward to a gathering with them when ever time and weather permit. I'll be there at the drop of a hat. The other Ferrari owners I have come in contact with through local car shows, meets, and club events are another story.

I live in Connecticut and have found many fellow Ferrari owners to be highly suspect of new comers. I find them to be a clique of snotty, class wielding, racists that appear to own the cars for the benefit of the status it sadly confirms in them. There are the few that are accepting, but not enough. Frankly, it can be embarrasing. Blue blooded, holier than thou, trash.

I really wish some of you guys lived closer.

I'd adore being part of a FLife meet someplace in middle or southern New England.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I cannot wait to go for a local drive with the other exotics.

Greg
So Greg, what are you doing this weekend if the weather is good? Feel like going for a drive? :D

Mark

1 - 20 of 28 Posts