Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Steve,

We had many customers show up to our shop with issues with their alarm system, and basically was a defective siren or wiring. Make sure that when you lock or unlock the car, you can hear the beep of the alarm, if not you probably have a bad siren or shorted wire.

Wil

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Wil,

According to the ferrari dealership there was a small amount of water in the siren. They were not sure where the water had come from. I only drive the car in dry conditions. Any ideas?

Steve....:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
my guess would be condensation from the humidity. Do you live in a wet area at all?

I know the headlamps on my car tend to pick up condensation even though no water is really leaking in. It's mainly a seal issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sirens Song

550 Maranello and 360 Modena have the same problem with their sirens. The red light stays on and you have to change it. They all have to be changed once (the new one will have the same problem after a while anyway).

Usually 360 sirens last longer than 550.

Ferrari is like a mistress it is expensive and it brings problems but we still forgive her.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with the guys/ Most people don't even noticed their alarm is not working until they come to our shop and we tell them. Most of them had bought their cars like that and others are getting humidity build up here in Miami by having it stored in the garage which are very hot and given the high humidity in Miami. I do not think the alarm is under warranty, but you should give it a try if you still have warranty left in your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts