Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I saw the picture of the crashed F360 of one of the suns of Trussardi and I was wondering : are Ferrari's (let's consider the new ones) safe cars ? Are they tested with crash tests ? What is the outcome ? Here in Europe we have the NCAP http://www.euroncap.com/ .Did they test them ?

Didier.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also saw the picture of the 360 in the newspaper. So sad for Trussardi.
But i also saw sa badly wrecked Ferraris that drivers were alive after the accidents.
A couple years ago i saw in a car magazine that Ferraris were wildly tested against crashes and the pictures were also present that you could notice how extremely crashes they had.

·
Registered
12 Posts
most high end sports cars are very safe(you need a stable and sturdy structure to start with when racing) most exotic car crash pics you see happened at speeds most family cars wont ever see :green:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
all Ferrari's are crash tested and have passed all the safety requirements.
Nobody has ever seen those junkyards pics with crashtested ferrari's destroyed beyond repair??
on 1 pic you can even see an F50 :cry:

a friend of mine saw a crashed Modena last week in Oostende standing on it's nose with the roof against a lightpole.
i still have problems picturing this

·
Registered
132 Posts
i would think that the newer cars are very safe and even the older cars are pretty safe considering the steel tube frame. its almost like having a roll cage under all that sheetmetal. plus most road ferrari's carry a bit of weight so its not exactly like driving a geo metro.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
All cars including Ferrari must crash a minimum of three per model.

The 550, mine, is one of the safest cars you can get in a front end accident. I do not know about the side impact.

I went to that site and found no Ferraris. Hummm!!!! Nor did I see any American cars except the Jeep. Many Japenesse.

I wonder what Ferrari is going to do with the Enzo here in America?

:green:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Mason
i can't really remember what site it was, but i have them somewhere on my HD, i'll look for them and post them here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts