Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen lots of Carnauba wax for sale all around the internet, for prices of around $10-50, but what makes Zymöl Royale so special that you end up paying $7,000+ for it? I looked at its key ingredients. Looks like a combination of Brazilian white carnauba and several other things. What is its "killer app" that makes it worth so much? I don't even see its lifetime supply policy being worth this much.

http://www.amazon.com/P21S-12700W-Carnauba-Wax/dp/B0002LBGX2

There's some carnauba selling for much less. It doesn't give a percentage, though. Zymöl Royale is 70%

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is its "killer app" that makes it worth so much?
"Killer Appeal":
A) A performance increase of 10% can cost 10 times the standard price. And reward the buyer with satisfaction.

B) A special package and slick marketing can demand 10 times the normal price of an otherwise average product. Those buyers are rewarded with 'bragging rights'.

Personally, I can't imagine any wax toppng Zaino.

·
Registered
167 Posts
there are plenty of waxes that top Ziano

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I just read the post and said to myself it must be a typo…then did a quick search…..OMG, $9800 US or $10,300 CAN…..get your head examined…unless you own a detailing shop for exotics…and charge ridiculous prices and your booked 3 months in advance maybe but besides that…no wax in the world is worth that, damn I can get a Ferrari repainted by a pro for that price…

~

·
Registered
36 Posts
For sure the Zaino system probably lasts longer. I see no worth in such an expensive product. A fellow detailer tells me that he prefers P21S 100% carnuaba to Royale any day.

More importantly, people should realized that a properly prepared and polished surface will always look better than an unprepared and unpolished surface with the best wax in the world. Polish corrects paint permanently while waxes and sealants protect paint at their most basic levels. Some waxes and sealants have "filling" properties to reduce the appearance of surface defects, but over time these filling properties will wash away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts