Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting an F355, but not sure if I want the Berlinetta or the GTS. I would like a GTS, but I don't like the look of the black roof on a red car. Has anyone painted the roof of a GTS, I'm not sure what the roof material is (I've seen some with carbon fiber), so I don't know if it can be painted to match the body (though I would hope it would). Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

And before anyone asks, no I don't want to get a Spider. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they all have a carbon fiber roof panel, or do they have some that are regular body material?

How did the painted ones look? Did it match the body color well?

·
Registered
900 Posts
I don't know the material but if it means anything I didn't realize it was a GTS until I looked at the pictures afterwards. :lol:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Supernova said:
Do they all have a carbon fiber roof panel, or do they have some that are regular body material?

The F355 GTS roof panels are color matched to the body. When it is fitted, the only way you can tell it is a GTS are the two thin black rubber seals that run across the top and back.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boxer said:
Supernova said:

The F355 GTS roof panels are color matched to the body. When it is fitted, the only way you can tell it is a GTS are the two thin black rubber seals that run across the top and back.
I've seen a couple that had black roof panels (and one that had carbon fiber)--are those aftermarket panels?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The roof is made with a hard plastic cover for the shell. The body shop will use a DA sander to remove the vinal effect from the surface. Then it will be finnished by hand using 1200 paper ect, then sprayed.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Boxer said:
Got to agree with Boxer. How many times have I checked photos after an event and found it hard to tell a GTS from a berlinetta. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Boxer said:
Either aftermarket or special order.
While I don't know about aftermarket GTS roofs, this was a factory option, not a special order. I've seen more GTS with body color roofs than black ones.
This makes the esthetics very neat with the top on, the only downside being that you need to be careful about paint scuffing against the backseats. The leather cover Ferrari provides is a joke, squeaks like a pig against the seats. Best solution I found is a sown-by-mom cotton sleeve which is thinner yet protects the paint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts