Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I am looking to disable the seatbelt warning light/ noise (particularly noise) that appears on my 550 any time I move around in my seat.

It must be a dodgy sensor, but I would rather just turn it off completely so it doesn;t ever make a noise. I Know to wear a seatbelt!

Does anyone know which wire to cut under the seat, or if there is a fuse I can pull out or an easier way to disable this warning.

Any help appreciated

Alex

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hi All

I am looking to disable the seatbelt warning light/ noise (particularly noise) that appears on my 550 any time I move around in my seat.

It must be a dodgy sensor, but I would rather just turn it off completely so it doesn;t ever make a noise. I Know to wear a seatbelt!

Does anyone know which wire to cut under the seat, or if there is a fuse I can pull out or an easier way to disable this warning.

Any help appreciated

Alex
The red one! It's always the red one!

Sorry, I can't help you much, but I'll bump this post up to the top. You'd be better off disabling the light by finding a fuse...I wouldn't want to be cutting on my F-car.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Noooooo....if you cut the wrong one, the bomb will go off immediately. To diffuse it you must choose wisely Grasshopper. Red is always hot, but they know we know that, so choose white. But then, they know, we know, they know that. Ahhhhh...What ever you decide, make sure you do it in daylight as artificial lighting can mute colors making you pick incorrectly. Also wait till the timer is at 1 second and use a toe nail clipper to prevent sparks, other wise...Kablooyyee.

Sorry...I have no idea.
Lane

·
Registered
374 Posts
Like I mentioned earlier, the dealer should know what to do about disconnecting the seat belt wiring, I wouldn't try it on my own, you might disconnect something else too. You're afraid they charge a lot to do it, ask Boxer and he'll tell you where to get some serious help in the UK.

Good luck :cool:

BTW did you try 4th full blast in winding roads?

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Hi All

Any help appreciated

Alex

Well I don’t know which one but I can help you how to figure it out because its pretty simple when you know what to look for and how to look for it.

You are going to have to remove the seat but keep it plugged in.

What you need are a few things…

• A 12 or 10 gauge wire about 3-4 feet long (more is always better than less)
• A Yellow 12/10 Gauge #6 Vinyl Ring Terminals
• Wire crimper
• Electrical tape
• Tie wrap
• 12V Test Light with a spike tip

(Pictures below)

• The seatbelt wire with the buzzer works on the same principle as the handbrake light. It works off a ground wire. Meaning when the ignition is on, it needs a ground wire to complete the circuit to prevent the battery to drain when the power is turned off.

• So one end of the buzzer goes to the ignition switch to the + and the other wire, the negative – goes to the seat belt housing. When the seatbelt enters the housing it completes the circuit and closes the light and buzzer.

• Turn on the car and connect the ground clip from the test light somewhere on the frame of the car and look for a positive wire in the bundle going to the seat until the light goes on in the test light (this way you know you have a good ground). By the way, since your playing with the grounds you don’t have to worry about shorting anything because no power is applied from the clip.

• Don’t remove the ground clip since you now know the ground is good.
• Turn the car on without the seat belt buckled in to hear the buzzer.
• Now take the spike and probe all wires until it stops. When it does…it’s the one.
• Then, splice the wire; twist the 12/10 gauge wire to it leaving the other end connected to the Vinyl Terminal.
• Use electrical tape to secure the connection and tie it down with a tie wrap to prevent the electrical tape from coming apart in the summer heat because electrical tape always comes loose after some time.
• Connect the Terminal to a bolt connected to the frame under the seat somewhere again until the buzzer goes off and voila…..buzzer gone, connection is fooled that the seat belt is always on.

Mario

~

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought I would write back about what I did with the 550 driver's seat and how successful it was.

I was thinking about the solution above, and thought that when undoing the seatbelt, the warning noise goes off after about 5 seconds, so its not just a direct relay.

Anyway, I jacked up the seat as high and far forward as it would go and looked at the wires under the seat. There is quite a prominent one that heads directly to the seatbelt base through the metal of the seat, with no others very close.

So I triple checked this seemed like the right one, then just cut it! (It has a little slack, so splicing the wire back together would have been quite easy). Then covered ends in electrical tape.

Anyway i can report that now the seatbelt warning sound and light never come on, not even when starting up the car to warn you to put it on. I did this over 2 weeks ago and it doesn't seem as though there is any drain from the battery because of it.

So I am very happy with it, and would recommend anyone else who is annoyed with the warning noise to do the same!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts