Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this 88/89 328 GTS that I might be tempted by. From the look of the photo's it's not in as good condition as my old 328, the engine bay needs detailing - but then again it's only dirt, so why should I care. This looks like it might have been a drivers car unlike my old garage queen.

Here's the link, does anyone in the UK know it?
http://www.rardleymotors.com/

I'm pretty certain my old 328 is back on the market again, it sold last April for £34995, but is now back on the market for £31995 and has had a full respray.
http://www.racecarnewmedia.co.uk/nickcartwright/details.asp?StockID=882

I think it is my old 328, because the photo of it in the showroom is the same one he used when he sold it last time, just this time the plate has been deleted.

If I had £32K I'd buy it back, but then again the other one is only £25K and I can probably stretch to that.
Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
332 Posts
I know it. I have seen it a fair few times, so I think it probably has been used a bit more than your previous car. All cars look cleaner than mine so I can't comment on the state of the engine bay. Always worth speaking to Mike Wheeler at Rardley's and I always like that he puts a brief history of the car on their website.

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Hello Jonathan! Where have you been lost?

Archie, your car did not need a re-paint as far as I remember, may be it is a 'library' picture and a different car? It is interesting that Cartwrights are putting all of their 328's through 'this process'!?!

The Rardley 328 seems to be the same one advertised by 'Mark Shannon' on Pistonheads for quite a while, it is an interesting proposition. Also interesting, Cartwrights have just put up for sale a 360 that was advertised by Graypaul for the last few weeks and actually still is! but for 2k less. What is going on? :wall:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Jonathan! Where have you been lost?

Archie, your car did not need a re-paint as far as I remember, may be it is a 'library' picture and a different car? It is interesting that Cartwrights are putting all of their 328's through 'this process'!?!

The Rardley 328 seems to be the same one advertised by 'Mark Shannon' on Pistonheads for quite a while, it is an interesting proposition. Also interesting, Cartwrights have just put up for sale a 360 that was advertised by Graypaul for the last few weeks and actually still is! but for 2k less. What is going on? :wall:

Stock photo, that may explain it. I agree with you, my old car didn't need a re-paint and it only went through a complete detailing program about 3 yrs ago. Here's the link for when it was up for sale http://www.racecarnewmedia.co.uk/nickcartwright/details.asp?StockID=185

Yes, the Rardley 328 has been for sale privately for a while, the plate is a giveaway. It looks like a genuine car, but would needs thousands spending to bring it up to the sort of finish I would expect. i'm sure that mechanically iot is fine, I just like my cars very clean - inside, outside and underneath

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think I'll give it a miss. I would rather wait until I know I can afford a well sorted car from Nick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts