Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the car (ZFFSG17A4L0084211) going for a PPI tomorrow, and the current owner has supplied me with all books and records (30K done in 1999). As I understand it the car needs another belt service due to age...right?

What I was wondering was if any of you knew anything about this car or it's history? Just trying to make a "good" purchase of my first Ferrari.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I don't know the car but suggest you check with Gerald Roush at Ferrari Market Letter. He has a huge historical database.

If the last service was done in 1999, then it definitely needs new belts. I would make sure the PPI is through as it does not look like the car has had much use given the very low mileage. Ferraris hate to sit.

I would also send "carguy" a PM. He is our resident Testarossa expert.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the last belt service was 1999, so I know I am in for that. PPI is being done by Joe @ Palma Automotive...I sent him all the service records and he is aware the car has done some sitting. The owner of the dealership has driven it about 500 miles since taking on trade last summer (verified by service records). Thanks for the advice...

·
Registered
72 Posts
mymc,

If that TR does not check out I know a local one here in Denver that is a 1990 with 10,319 miles just had full service done (in last 200 miles) and is in excellent condition it is a very clean car and at the same price range. If I were in the market for a TR I would be most interested in this one and I am a picky SOB. Just to let you know.

Mikel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you...I should know in the next day or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking to purchase this 1990 TR

Is there anyway to tell the TR's original paint color based on the VIN (ZFFSG17A4L0084211)? This would be my first ferrari purchase, and I want to make sure that it is a smart buy. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
151 Posts
bkarr5958 said:
Is there anyway to tell the TR's original paint color based on the VIN (ZFFSG17A4L0084211)? This would be my first ferrari purchase, and I want to make sure that it is a smart buy. Thanks so much.
Not from the VIN - NO !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts