Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Viper that I'm selling this weekend in order to make room for my first Ferrari purchase. Most likely a F355, I would like a convertible with F1 trans. Do any of you who have already gone through the process of buying an F355 have any pointers about when I'm looking at one. I.E. roof issues, electrical problems or maybe a certain year to stay clear of. Thanks for the advice up front.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I currently have a Viper that I'm selling this weekend in order to make room for my first Ferrari purchase. Most likely a F355, I would like a convertible with F1 trans. Do any of you who have already gone through the process of buying an F355 have any pointers about when I'm looking at one. I.E. roof issues, electrical problems or maybe a certain year to stay clear of. Thanks for the advice up front.
I'd stay clear of the F1 trans if you live in congested area where it is abound by traffic. From what I hear it is a major pain to drive in traffic. Not to mention breakdowns and servicing.

I am currently looking for a F355. What area are you from, maybe we can compare notes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Viper as well... I was looking at the F355 but after many discussions with Dealers ect.. I went with the 360. It was a few years back, but I'll try and put my hands on some of the documentation that he gave me.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I'd stay clear of the F1 trans if you live in congested area where it is abound by traffic. From what I hear it is a major pain to drive in traffic. Not to mention breakdowns and servicing.

I am currently looking for a F355. What area are you from, maybe we can compare notes.
F1 trans is a hassle in congestion and up hills etc....not a good daily driver unless you can be do as little shifting or NORMAL shifting as possible. The clutch won't wear as much if you manage your shifting appropriately, but the trans is very reliable regardless of what some say. Some examples are how you slow to a stop, and go from a stop...but you'll learn.

other than the sticky cosmetics, and shrinking leather issues, not much in way of 'issues' ... leaking I've not heard on spyder, but TS...yes. but can be 'fixed'.

buyers guide is a great way to start and you can trust the comments, so, read it THEN ask the quiestions of whatever you read....guide doesn't necessarily give the degree of commonality for the item in question, but just the known issues [there are some comments on degree].

MAKE sure to get a PPI and know WHEN, BY WHO, and how many MILES ago the last engine out belt change was done [remember it's TIME or/and MILES], not to mention the other 'stuff' done while out. I feel ya' might as well do other items when out to get them out of the way [water pump, bearings etc.]. Take your time, these require knowledge as well as glee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts