Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a 355 or 360 Spider to purchase and came across a European 360 Spider for sale by a private owner in my area. It's a 2001 (silver/blue, 6 speed)with 10K miles and the owner claims (I haven't checked yet)it has been consistently serviced by the local Ferrari dealer. I think the guy needs to sell the car and said to just make him an offer. I subscribed to the Ferrari market letter, but oddly enough the 360 is the only Ferrari model for which they have no pricing data (I don't understand why this is, since the 360 has been on the market for five years and FML has data on the 55OM).

Does anyone here have any thoughts on where I should start my offer? How much of a discount should I apply for a gray market car, assuming all the EPA/DOT paperwork checks out to be legitimate?

Also, what issues should I be aware of when considering the purchase of such a car?

Incidentally, I also found a 2000 gray market 360 Berlinetta with 22K miles that could probably be bought for around $100-105K. Could I use this as a benchmark and then add a certain $$ amount for the Spider?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I beleive this question has been hashed over a couple fo times. Suggest you run a search to review previous threads. In general the two concerns ona "Grey" car are that the warrantee is invalid (and you will not be notified about recalls) and the quality of the DOT/EPA conversion work. You should be able to find some pricing information via linnks on the Hemmings site. I would expect a 10-20% discount vs a US model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts