Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found rims that I like on the internet. The front ones are 19x7.5, and the back ones 19".
What does the 7.5 mean. why is there rims with 2 numbers and some with only 1?

I'm so confused!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I found rims that I like on the internet. The front ones are 19x7.5, and the back ones 19".
What does the 7.5 mean. why is there rims with 2 numbers and some with only 1?

I'm so confused!

The 7.5 probably is the rim width, while 19 is the rims height.

You have a 308GTSI from your profile, i'd STRONGLY suggest not going with 19-inch rims. Best bet is 17 maximum imo. and 8 wide front and 9 wide rear MAX.

Frankly, i think 7.5 front and 8.5 rear should be the most due to the ability to actually heat the rubber across the surface plus to reduce the rolling resistance. Of course if you just want bling versus proper use... i am describing actual use as am not into bling.

The 7.5 probably is the rim width, while 19 is the rims height.

·
Registered
293 Posts
FYI: those 19-inch wheels from that website would have had the incorrect backspacing/offset. This would be disastrous. If you want larger rims custom is usually the only way to go to ensure you have the right dimensions for everything. The 308 is not a Nissan or Ford where any ol' rim usually fits, you have entered Ferrari wacky Italian territory. Worse still, you have an older Ferrari where few, of anyone, really stocks 17-inch or larger rims that properly fit.

PS: do not use spacers to 'make it fit', bad stuff.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sooooory!

I actually left a message on the other thread about the thanx and new questions,
For some reason I was affraid it would not be read so I started the new thread and to not be redundant I delete the message on the previous one. I did not realise that my aknowledgement for your detailed and very helpful message would be lost too!
I appologize again and thank you for helping poor souls like mine!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Soooooory ? Yeah whatever.....

I deleted my posts, not worth sharing.

~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts