Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Alex365 from Wisconsin. I am excited to be involved with a group of enthusiastic and passionate Ferrari owners and drivers as I have read in FL. I currently am just finishing up a restoration of my 365 GTC and have owned numerous other Ferraris in the past.

I would appreciate some advice between obtaining either a Boxer or a fiberglass 308 GTB. I am looking for a great dynamic driving car that will hold its value over time. I am tired of new car depreciation. I would gladly appreciate your input.

Sincerely,
Alex365

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Welcome to the forum Alex!

Chris

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Alex,

Welcome to the site. Boxer has owned both and I am sure the first thing he will tell you is they are very different. V8 vs V12. If possible try to buy both and pick the one that fits your needs and style/comfort. The Boxer will run higher in maintenance. The 308 has classic lines and going for the fiberglass body is, in my opinion the right way to go.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ciao and Welcome to the "LIFE"

Post some pics of your restoration we would love to see.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi Alex,

Having driven neither, I can't help you with answers to your questions, but welcome to the forum! This is a great group of people! :)

- Tony

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Welcome, Alex,

You have chosen two very nice cars.

A 308 fiberglass will only increase in value. It should also be a whole lot less to restore than a 365 GTC.

Post some pictures, please.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Gcalo for the welcome and advice.

The 365 GTC is at Motion Products and should be done in the next 4 weeks.

How do you post photos?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
---How do you post photos?
Hit "quote" or "new Thread".

Go down a little to "Additional Options" to "Manage Attachments"

You can from there search your drive for them, upload them, and then they will be posted.

Which sites do you want? I think I have the Gov regs for importing.

·
Premium Member
9,567 Posts

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I'm guessing you might be waiting a while Ed. Alex hasnt logged on since last Dec.

·
Registered
22 Posts
About to be a father to a 1995 456 gt

Hi everybody about to recieve my first Ferrari 1995 456 gt in about 10 days and am very excited, its great after 4 years of working hard to get something I have dreamed of.

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Deke- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Your first Ferrari is really a big deal. Your first V12 Ferrari is also a big deal. You filled both squares at once, so congratulations.

Please post photos.

You can go to ferraridatabase.com and download owners manuals and workshop manuals for the 456 and 456M. Make sure you download the 456M expanded electrical section, because the two models are very similar.

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Alex- Got you, too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes Mr Granucci I made sure the windows worked properly and when opening the door the window goes down a bit, it is missing the tool kit and luggage which is a bummer, some 20k in maint. paint is awesome, electrical works perfect, headlights function properly, leather in great shape. Not certain about rear shocks, I read that they may leak and need attention. I'm a newby any advice will be nice thanks Deke.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Ah yes a whole room full of comedians this is gonna be a whole lot of fun no woman will understand you have to be testosterone laiden to play

Welcome: c a r e f u l l using the word testosterone and Ferrarista here may get someone PM'n ya'...... :D

there ARE women on this site, and some race ;)

welcome. What preliminary itmes on the 456 have you researched to know what to look out for etc....

rik

1 - 20 of 33 Posts