Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I'll second that, I've been to India many times. the journey from Margao (Goa) to Hampi in central Karnataka was the worst and most uncomfortable journey of my life. 16 hours in a mini bus on main roads that were actually just once stage up from a mud track.
Fantastic country, I absolutely love it, despite the roads - and the drivers:eek:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Archie, do I detect a bit of road rage coming from a passenger? :p
Not at all, when I go to India, it's usually for a 3 or 4 week vacation in Goa, plus a bit of cross country sightseeing. I'm always very relaxed, and never get stressed out. I leave that to the Indian drivers who are all on a death wish.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
They certainly are:eek: They think nothing of driving at night with no lights, overtaking on blind bends in the road. They all seem to have their hands glued to their horn button too. If theycan't see the road in front of them becuase a big truck is in the way, they honk their horn, if the truck driver honks his horn, it means it's safe to over take. However, they also honk their horn if it's not safe to overtake:confused:
On top of that, the drivers have to contend with herds of cows, goats, oxon and even elephants wandering up and down the road.
I would not recommend anyone from western Europe or North America drives or hires a car out there. It is much safer to hire a taxi for the day, it only costs about 1000 ruppees a day (roughly £12 GBP , €15 or $20 USD) and the drivers know how to deal with the other suicidal motorists

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Very neat....but I feel bad for the Ferrari;)

Chris

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
They certainly are:eek: They think nothing of driving at night with no lights, overtaking on blind bends in the road. They all seem to have their hands glued to their horn button too. If theycan't see the road in front of them becuase a big truck is in the way, they honk their horn, if the truck driver honks his horn, it means it's safe to over take. However, they also honk their horn if it's not safe to overtake:confused:
On top of that, the drivers have to contend with herds of cows, goats, oxon and even elephants wandering up and down the road.
I would not recommend anyone from western Europe or North America drives or hires a car out there. It is much safer to hire a taxi for the day, it only costs about 1000 ruppees a day (roughly £12 GBP , €15 or $20 USD) and the drivers know how to deal with the other suicidal motorists
Net net, the horn replaces brakes, headlights, and indicators. Quite a weight and cost savings. Very efficient.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts