Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
That's very sad...hopefully this doesn't become a huge blow to Pininfarina's success in automobile designing. What has the company been up to lately?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, as far as I know they have been up to anything but money - it's in serious danger of closing the doors if the situation doesn't change soon (they lost around US$ 150 million last year only)

as for Andrea, rest in peace, very sad news...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
well, as far as I know they have been up to anything but money - it's in serious danger of closing the doors if the situation doesn't change soon (they lost around US$ 150 million last year only)

as for Andrea, rest in peace, very sad news...
Yeah, I had heard of that even before this article, I was just wondering why no big projects had been underway.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Rip

Sad news, indeed. However, I cannot wonder as to why a person of his position would be riding a Vespa. Jimmy

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I thought the same thing too. Perhaps it's easy to commute through a congested city on a scooter?
That may very well be the reason, but still ... zipping thru the city streets w/ a two-wheeler is a risky thing to do. Even I would not dare risk myself doing that in the streets of Tokyo, a person of no particular stature myself. He was a third generation "icon" who should have given a little thought to his public image. Just terrible thing to happen. Jimmy

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That may very well be the reason, but still ... zipping thru the city streets w/ a two-wheeler is a risky thing to do. Even I would not dare risk myself doing that in the streets of Tokyo, a person of no particular stature myself. He was a third generation "icon" who should have given a little thought to his public image. Just terrible thing to happen. Jimmy
I agree, perhaps a helicopter would have been more appropriate, but probably even riskier than a scooter.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
That is very sad to hear, rest in peace.

Chris

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Sad day for the automotive world

But he did leave his mark time and again in the design history books.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Sadly enough in these days, the public image of a VIP needs to be hold up by the NEED to drive on a scooter, else would be a bad public image:(

·
Registered
453 Posts
Tragic huge huge loss for the family, the lineage, the automotive design industry. But his legacy and that of Pininfarina lives on. Drive your Ferrari's proud, those who own, and put a black front plate or ribbon on the car for a week to mourn this loss...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts