Ferrari Life Forum banner

Am I lucky or what?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Pete04222 
#1 ·
I take my beast into my shop to have the oil change. It has 38,000 miles on it. Larry, my mechanic, tells be the beast has a funny noise in it. He says I should have it check. I say “OK”. After checking it, he tells me the bearing on the timing belt thing is about ready to go. If it is goes, the timing belt will break and the pistons will hit the values. That is not good. He tells me that would be about $30,000 to $35,000 for a new engine. Well now, I only am paying $6,000 for the work and he tells me I am lucky.

Yes, I am an owner of a high mileage 550. Now I should be able to drive the beast another 15,000 miles before he (Larry) needs another vacation. Ha-ha.

Heavens, do I love my Ferrari Maranello or what? Man, do I love this thing. It is the finest car of the 20th Century. If you have a big brother Ferrari (V-12), be ready to support it. The little brother is OK but what the hay. Anyone can have a V-8.

Maranello all the way.

:green: :green: :green:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.