Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new magazine here in Tokyo on Ferrari. In the back they have about 15 pages of more aftermarket parts for a 360 than i knew exist. If it is for racing purposes I think it is OK but this is overkill IMO. I will try to get some scans. What do you all think?

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dj Dirk said:
well depends on what it is
if it's TUBI, then TUBI GOOOOOOOODDDDD :green:
So tubi is the litmus test? I'm not sure I buy that one. :ugh: (yes I like this new smilie for some reason)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
why wouldnt you put a tubi on a 360 or somthing?

that sounds so good on the track
only stradale, enzo, f40 with lm exhaust, 348 barchetta and maser trofeo sound better

·
Registered
194 Posts
Would they happen to sell brushed aluminium F1 paddles for 355s ?
Been looking for some, the soft touch paint is peeling on mine < sigh >
URLs appreciated ...

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like my car to be stock too.

But the way I see it, its your car and your money, if you want to paint it pink that's your decision!

Justyn.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
justynb said:
I like my car to be stock too.

But the way I see it, its your car and your money, if you want to paint it pink that's your decision!

Justyn.
What you say is true and your right. But sometimes I have to stop and just shake my head at some of the things I've seen done to Ferraris here in Tokyo. :ugh:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Chaps,

You can't say things like that and then NOT tell us!!

I could do with a good laugh (or cringe!)

:)

Bazil

·
Registered
34 Posts
Altering exotics will always get a bipolar reaction. I feel there is nothing wrong with it as long as you can revert it to stock, and this mentality goes to all cars, not just exotica.

I think a lot of it stems not only from having the mortal fear of things breaking on you but also in the preservation of history. Truth be told one can't really simply look at exotic ownership as custodian care for the next owner. In a way there is that responsiblity but after all, it is YOUR car. Have fun with it.

Tubi seems the generally accepted modification, but from my understanding, ANSA, Stebbro, et al, are more than up to the task as well.

Cheers

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll have to get some photos up here to see peoples reactions. I don't mind a Tubi at all but I think that some of the body mods I have seen are overkill for a Ferrari.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
2 weeks ago at magny cours there was a 575 MM wich had an amazing sound especially when braked for driving back in the pit. i'm pretty sure that i have a small clip of it
that was defenitly not a stock exhaust, unfortunually i forgot to go after the car in the paddock to check what he had installed

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
My golden rule is I have to see the part used on the Challenge car or the GT car before I will fix it on my car. I'm not in favour of parts from the independent tuners. They "destroy" the look of the car and they'll damage the engine. Unless the part comes from Micheloto who in are the "contractors" that assemble and prepare the Challenge cars for the factory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mods

I've gone both ways (lost alot of money in some cases) in doing mods. My 966tt (spent close to 30k) was way overboard. On my 01 360 coupe, I only put a GHL sport exhaust (best of the bunch in my opinion) and an RM racing air induction kit (staying on car since in wont fit on the spider), and I did change the stereo, which is also staying in the car.

When my spider comes in, I am putting the GHL on, and I had a set of lightweight wheels made for me by OZ that I think will look great on a black spider, but I've learned my lesson, keep the stock parts and make sure your mods are bolt on bolt off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts