Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder which Ferrari driver will be leaving :confused: I guess we will have to wait and see who performs the best :steeringwheel: A lot can happen in F1 in two years.

Rome - Fernando Alonso has a secret agreement to join Ferrari for four years from 2011, the Italian sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport reports.

The twice Formula One world champion has never hidden his desire to go to the Italian team and Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo recently fuelled the ongoing speculation by refusing to rule out the Spaniard's future arrival.

The newspaper reported on Sunday that the deal had several get-out clauses for both sides but added that Alonso could join Ferrari even earlier, in 2010, if 2007 world champion Kimi Raikkonen followed this year's disappointing season with another bad campaign.

By contrast, Alonso was in impressive form after returning to Renault following a difficult season at McLaren, despite not having a car competitive enough to challenge for the title.

The 27-year-old won two races, in Singapore and Japan, and finished fifth in the standings for Renault, with whom he won the 2005 and 2006 world championships.

Ferrari have Raikkonen and this year's title runner-up Felipe Massa under contract until the end of 2010, while Alonso's current deal with Renault also runs for two more seasons.

A Ferrari spokesperson would not comment on the reports, apart from saying: "We can only repeat that we have two drivers signed to the end of 2010".

·
Registered
143 Posts
It will be interesting to see what happens in 2009. I feel that with the removal of downforce, this could be a very strong year for Kimi as his driving style should be very suited to the newer generation of cars. My feeling is that if he wins a second (or even third in 2010) championship he will call it a day leaving the door open for Alonso.

He is a real dark horse and while he had a poor season in 2008, remember how he can bounce back, in particular think of his 2005 McLaren season.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
It will be interesting to see what happens in 2009. I feel that with the removal of downforce, this could be a very strong year for Kimi as his driving style should be very suited to the newer generation of cars. My feeling is that if he wins a second (or even third in 2010) championship he will call it a day leaving the door open for Alonso.

He is a real dark horse and while he had a poor season in 2008, remember how he can bounce back, in particular think of his 2005 McLaren season.
+1. I think Kimi is set to have a huge season in 2009.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
+1. I think Kimi is set to have a huge season in 2009.

well, he needs to get off his B*TT a bit IMO, Massa was always my fav. for last year even thought I like Kimi a lot....need a better speaking voice :|

BTW, Alanso, I'm not a big fan of, think he sailed too easy to win agains MS' last year of driving... He played the odds, and didn't exert too much.

Kimi will be leaving, and that is the vacant seat to fill...Massa has a ways to go and does well at Ferrari...BUT

considering him OR Kimi to be 2nd to Alanso on the team?!?!?! well, too much ego for all in such a situation...

SO: FINAL NOTE: BOTH Kimi and Massa will leave <-- heard is here first folks.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Highly possible. The Ferrari 2010 line up could be Alonso and Vettel.

Would love to see cross overs Surtees-like, saying Rossi :)

he tested well

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Would like to see Vettel in a Ferrari, he has been very impressive at TR and I'm sure he will be more than a match for Webber at RB. Still unsure about Alonso, he might be a great driver but he is still a spoiled child who wants everything his own way.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Would love to see cross overs Surtees-like, saying Rossi :)

he tested well
oh man if valentino decides in the future that would be great!, as of now i think kimi will do awsome this season, on formula1.com he stated that the new car feels alot like the older cars he loved driving, so hopefully he will have a fire burning inside him to win.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
oh man if valentino decides in the future that would be great!, as of now i think kimi will do awsome this season, on formula1.com he stated that the new car feels alot like the older cars he loved driving, so hopefully he will have a fire burning inside him to win.:thumbsup:

Rosi and now the USF1 team proposal would bring the sport back into more mainstream....of getting more in 'other' sports doing the 'cross-over'.

BTW: See where Scott SPeed is just doing awsome!!! he took quite a high front in the truck series, and now has out qualified the Indie/NASCAR champs for a quick run....sort of like Rosi within Shumi's top time on his first tries!!!!!!!1 ya'

always liked Scott and thought he got a bum deal.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It would be great to see Alonso at Ferrari, he would bring the fighting style of driving back to them (as did Mansell and Schumacher)

But only IF I thought for a moment that he would fit in. He was able to get Renault around him (but not to the extent of Schumi at Ferrari) but I would say Alonso success there was more to do with Flavio's management style - which definately wouldn't fit with Ferarri.

I know Kimi won his Championship with Ferrari, it was the better car and he is an excellent driver, but I do not believe Kimi has ever felt truely at home with them.

What ever happens - maybe they should be watching out for Button this year (forever hopeful!!!)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Bernie would love to see Valentino join Ferrari.

Italian driver, Italian car and 100,000's bike fans watching F1 and buying Valentino gear, media coverage etc

He would bust a gut to get that one going, and I believe has tried very hard already.

·
Registered
532 Posts
yea that is stunning just to think about, i think that would be one of the biggest things to happen since schumacher!

@ Granucci: that does suck about speed, i thought he was always just as talented as liuzzi, but liuzzi as you know is still in the game with force india, i think if speed wanted to he could be a formidable oppenent with bmw sauber:steeringwheel:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts