Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I admit, I'm an F-chatter and didn't even know of "FerrariLife" until today.

Some of you 348 owners might be interested in a product that I have spent the last year developing called the LeMans Grill. I have posted an ad in the classifieds of FerrariLife, but if you would like more information feel free to PM me and I can direct you to more photos and information.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
very nice. Is that powder coated. How is that grill portion connected to the entire structure: welded?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Grill is finished in satin nero, with a smooth finish. However, some are opting to re-paint with a glossy finish. That is an easy proposition and can be done at home if you're going back with black glossy.

The Grill is made of Carbon Fiber, and the perforated metal portion is aluminum. This is joined to the CF via a very strong bonding agent. The "screen" allows for engine ventilation similar to what the stock rear set-up does.

The Grill bolts straight to the car's mounting bracket via two steel "arms".

Installation of the LeMans Grill requires modification of your stock mounting bracket, because the oval light set-up has different dimensions than the rectangular. Basically it's just cutting the mounting bracket to accept the LeMans Grill and taillights. It can easily be restored to stock with some simple sheet metal welding.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Very nice grill:thumbsup:

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Husker

It's about time!

That grille looks fabulous. Nice job.

Now be prepared to be grilled here about it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Husker

It's about time!

That grille looks fabulous. Nice job.

Now be prepared to be grilled here about it!

Let the Grill'n begin!

Right now I'm working on a top 10 list of things I can use my old 348 grill for. :Dancing-Chilli:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ciao and Welcome and about time

Collin good to see you here about bloody time buddy,.:thumbsup:
you are definitely a wanted recruit.

Ps I will be ready to order your amazing grill next month probably in the gloss black if thats OK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey all you hosers.

One of the things your old grill CAN do is shuck corn. I layed my old grill on its side in the driveway and shucked about 20 ears on it.

I am checking with Billy Mays to see if he can promote all of the uses of the old grill.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
is Angelis sticking with the standard rear or upgrading?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks superb, a million times better than the standard 348 rear end:thumbsup:

Thanks. What's funny is that angelis posted this on a UK Ferrari site and they completely trashed it. Said it was inferior quality, the fit wasn't good, etc.

Little do they know that we had to make some, shall I say, interesting allowances on the Grill directly due to Maranello's lack of quality. :yikes:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
My very limited experience of other forums is that everyone likes to get one up on each other and no one ever has a good word to say about anyone or anything, so I stay away. It's not like that on here, everyone is polite, friendly and respectful even if they disagree with another members point of view.:cheers:
If anyone comes on here and trashes us, we let Mario loose:doublemachinegun:

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
+1.

Would rather get to the solutions or ask good questions, and not clutter up the areas...[gotta larn dat one, as I'm getting a bit too prolific]

If I want chatter, well, there is a site that already has that name....then it goes down hill very quickly on each post.

even vintage.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts